White River - Indy Area...

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Hey all, new to the site as of 8/25 but been checking back and reading posts about every 30 minutes or so.

I just got back to fishing recently after about a 6 year hiatus, I dont travel far to fish. I have been going to a couple different spots on White River just trying to land some cats, or some carp. Can someone here tell me a decent place to go within a reasonable driving range?

I have been to the 65 North Bridge off of Cold Springs Rd. by Lake Sullivan, I have been to the Bridge at 30th and Cold Spring, also the launching ramp approx. 1/4 mile south of 30th St. And also to the dam over off of Waterway Blvd and 16th St. I did also make a trip down to the launching ramp at Waverly.

Any suggestions would be helpful...

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jim, welcome back to fising, This site is full of good info and great people. If anyone can help you it is the Brotherhood!

3. j-catfish

j-catfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wish I could tell you the magic spot ,but my catfishing as of late has been slow. I have caught several nice cats within the past few years from the 16th street area,just below the dam and a little ways down from it, also closer to downtown between 10th st and washington st.The biggest one I've seen caught this year was north of the 65 bridge on the white river(15# flatty, on bluegill), but we had a boat to get up in there. I'm more of a catfisherman but I did manage a 16# carp between 10th st and michigan rd in the white from the bank about 3 weeks ago(caught on corn).Another thing could be the bait you use,I like using bluegills alive if possible , but cut bluegills work good, although I've have better luck catching shad this year.Last year we did well at eagle creek res. and it sounds like it might be close to you.Sounds like you fish some of the spots I do but have had my fare share of fishless nights. Good luck

4. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The stretch dowtown indy is my favorite around here!!! but broad ripple and riverside park are close second.

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jim,
    Welcome to the BOC , wish i could help but don't know a thing about that area. If your ever in So. Alabama I will be more then happy to help you again welcome to the BOC

6. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I really appreciate everybody and their help, I am going to try some new things this weekend. I remember growing up it was always worms and stink baits, but this weekend I will be trying the live baits, and so on... I dont mind where i am fishing, in the rivers, or the lakes. I just enjoy it all, I will keep you all posted.

Thanks Again,
    Jim

7. lake2river

lake2river New Member

State:
    Patriot, Indiana
    A few years back, I fished a lot in the Broad Ripple area and seemed to always land a few channels. Nothing real big, but we all know a 5 lb-er can put up a good fight. Good luck!