White River in Indianapolis today: 9-26-06

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Brutom, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    I'll be fishing the west bank between Michigan and 10th st. starting at around 7pm.
    Anyone welcome to join if interested.
    Look for my white Buick parked along there.

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i was looking to fish out that way tonight... sure you dont mind

3. WhiteRiverLilCats

WhiteRiverLilCats New Member

State:
    Indiana
  4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Man I really wish I could get out there with you guys tonight, been wanting to meet some brothers and sisters and catch some fish. But I've got school tomorrow morning.:sad2:

5. WhiteRiverLilCats

State:
    Indiana
    :0a18: Well, it turned out to be a pretty good evening. WhiteRiverBigCats and I fished the White River parkway on the westside. We were the only two there from 8:00pm 'til 'bout 12:30am. We were packin' up and ready to leave at 12:00 and thats when we finally caught us an 8lb carp. I have to tell ya, that that was my first carp and boy was it fun. I know I haven't had a fish put up that big of fight. It really makes you feel like you accomplished something.

You would think that we would have stayed longer, but I had to be the Fishin' Pooper and made the decision to leave, because I have to get up and go to work in the morning.

While we were leaving we met a couple guys from another fish forum, and we of course had to tell them about the BOC catfish1.com. So, I'm sure we will have two more members to had to the Brotherhood.

We will try and get the picture of my fist carp posted so you all can see.

We were really hoping that we would see some of you out there this evening.

I do know that Shane aka WhiteRiverBigCats will be back out there tomorrow evening around 8:00pm. I may join him later, but not sure yet.
    :0a18:

6. WhiteRiverLilCats

State:
    Indiana
    Ok, here are the pictures of my 8lb carp! Hope you enjoy!:tounge_out:

Attached Files:

7. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    Sorry to say my plans got foiled at the last minute and I couldn't make it out this time.
    Hopefully I'll get there this weekend sometime.
    Congrats on the carp you caught!

8. smoke

smoke New Member

State:
    Indiana
    congrats on the carp and good luck...keep your line in the water

9. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    If the storm continues to let up, then yes, I will be there. I will update this post and leave you a VM to let you know for sure. Now that you have posted you are now a member.. lol.... Welcome to the BOC....

10. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats on the nice carp. There are some serious hogs in that river. I've caught them up to 17lbs out of there and seen many others that could push 20-24lbs. Fishing below the lowhead dam in Broadripple one day, we were wading across and the carp were trying to swim up the falls as we call them, and one that had to of been 21lbs, rushed up out of the pools below the falls and nailed the side of my leg and I had a net in my hand and tried to get him but missed, that would have been one heck of a photo opp. even though it wasen't hook and line caught. Wish I could have got out on the river though lastnight, sure would have beat the heck out of having to get up early this morning.

11. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I hear ya... I plan to get out there tonight just want to know what the wheather is going to be like.. the storms have got me iffy about the situation.. I dont mind the rain or even the hail.. its that Lightning that concerns me... I have this BIG feeling i would make a great conductor....lol

12. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Congrats on the carp...and HEY DON!!!! Welcome to the site my long lost friend.

13. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yeah, lightening is bad news. And heavy rains for me when I'm wading is bad news too. I've been caught on the wrong side of the river before when the water started to rise and I wasen't into crossing back to where I parked and having to walk to the nearest bridge. Boy is that one long, wet walk carrying all my tackle.:embarassed:

14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Something has come and I won't be able to make it tonight. I will be there tomorrow though, between 7:00pm and 8:00pm.

15. troythebigcathunter

troythebigcathunter New Member

State:
    Tell city,Indiana
    Im new on here so i might sound dumb to start with but here goes,Is the ohio ever gonna calm down long enough for me to do some shore fishing,I don`t have a boat and living in the perry county district,It seems everywhere i go to fish,I am sol,I just got back about 30 minutes ago fishing at the canelton lock and dam and i caught nothing but a bad cough,I would throw out and end up snagged by a huge log,Is there any other places around here to fish,I have been told of a few places,But river fishing is where i think it`s at,Sorry for the rambling,But there seems to be some very serious fishermen and women on here,So im hoping someone can give me a little info on where to fish at here in tell city,Or troy,rockport,Oh and im looking to catfish,Ty for your time

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
  17. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Congrats on your carp.

18. WhiteRiverLilCats

State:
    Indiana
  19. Hoosiercater

Hoosiercater New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes it has been awhile. I had a blast fishing Austin,TX for three months. How's that for a session?
    Patrick and I made our trip up north. Huge killer mosquitoes, cold rain, thunder/lightning, nothing detered him. We gave two locations he had a shot, nothin. Then I took him to one of my honey holes. Right away he got a 10#+, he was all smiles, b4 we left he got another 21#. Instant Carper. He's hooked. Got a feeling we'll be seeing more of him. Great Guy, Great Fisherman.