White River in Indianapolis on 5 July 2008.

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Brutom, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    Fished a little downstream from the 10th Street bridge again, and Jordan scored his first Flathead of '08 only about 30 minutes after we started (about 6:30PM by then) which made me think there was a good chance we'd catch several more.
    The river was up a couple feet from normal level, and somewhat muddy. So, I thought being there near were Fall Creek joins should be good.
    Anyway, some several hours later, I finally did catch my first halfway decent, though still pretty small, Flathead of the year. At least it was a good fighter despite the size!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    cool guys.... one question though, are you reelin' 'em up that concrete wall from the water? lol:big_smile:

3. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    We get down on the rip-rap and net 'em out of the water then unhook them on a mat, then release them into the water again from the rip-rap.

We're real careful to release them in good condition to be caught again someday.

4. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Good job Bruce! I know from fishing with Bruce the last few years that he is always careful with the fish and always CPR's everything and in good shape.

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good looking flatties. I've been wanting to try right there where Fall Creek meets up with the mighty White.