White River in Bripple (5-7-2008)

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by treddinwater, May 8, 2008.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Had a couple of free hours in the evening last night so I decided to hit up one of my favorite flatty spots. Was there for about an hour and then right around 7:30 things began to go well. Hooked into my first flatty of the year, a healthy little 6lber who took an 8" bluegill. Next cast, no more than 10 minutes later my pole doubled over and I knew I had one that was a little big bigger. Ended up being a 30" 13lb flatty who was mad as heck knowing he was hooked haha. He was pulling my drag pretty good and got out in that current, made for a good evening. After that there was no more action so I decided to pack it up.

Both fish were caught in slack water next to heavy current. Depth was probably around 5-6ft and the bottom there has a lot of concrete slabs and other "urban" debris.

2. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    I love to hear of flatys being caught in that bripple strect again i mac 2 10lb flat on gills there tuesday night good fish way to go

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I was really pleased, I didn't pull any flatys at all out of Broadripple last year. Glad to hear your having some success there too. It's become so heavily hit by people that the fishing can become spotty at best. That's my neck of the woods though and with gas prices the way they are, I see myself doing most of my fishing there this summer.