White River Flattys 5/12/09

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, May 13, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went and met a few BOC Brothers today and got to the river at 5:45am - 6am and just as soon as i casted the first bait in I caught a channel cat just a little over a pound.. Soon David shows up and then Danny then Kyle.. Evereything was fine and dandy till he showed up!!!!:angry: No, it wasnt the 3ft Water Moccasin that I had drawn my trusty sword apon and slayed to keep my friends safe.... No it was him!!! Mr. Big Fish Ben North!!! He struts up to the group all high and mighty like. And after gruling hours of catching bait he decides to steal some bait from us.. walks right over to where Im sitting and cast right ontop of my already startigically placed bait. But instead of getting mad I just felt bad for the poor guy.. He had a face even a mother couldnt love!!:smile2: Well he ended up with back to back Flattys. Being they were 3 pounds and under.. But it was goodtimes.. To bad I was tired..

Well to the true topic of this thread. Ben you told me to post The cats I was planning on catching this evening so here they are... But I wont tell ya the weights.. Ok so one was #13 and the other 18.9 (19#)

Attached Files:

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Shane, congrats on a good night fishing:smile2: Nice flats thanks for posting the pics and the story:wink:

3. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Well Shane you know you got start them off young in the kiddie pond, catching the small ones! Before you graduate them up to the big boy stuff, could he at least bait his own hook?:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: LMAO!!!!!! OOOOOH!!! And I almost forgot, nice fish Shane!!!!

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana

Yeah he bait his own hook...Or was it kyle??:smile2::smile2:

He caught both on the same dam shad..

5. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    That's not true Shane. The second was not actually caught but LASSO'ed. I have never seen a fish brought in with out the hook being set.

It was great meeting you yesterday and all the others.

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana

:smile2::smile2: Man that thing sure was too.. I had never seen anything like it either.. That was crazy.. i almost forgot all about it. man we should have got a pic of that....:smile2:

7. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    nice fish shane.:wink:

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've never seen a fish "LASSO'ed" either. But I've seen fish let go of the hook at the banks, twice!:confused2:

9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Nice Flatheads Shane!

10. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's an interesting narrative Shane has posted here...but he left out the part about the temper-tantrum he threw when he left his spot "to re-locate to more productive waters" :wink: and I moved over to fill the gap and THEN caught the two fish...he was crying so much we MADE him leave early! :tounge_out: At least that's how I remember it...lol

Anyway, nice fish there Shane, I'm glad you finally got into some. It was nice meeting everyone down there...and next time we'll have to put Dave on to some fish!

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Nice fish Shane and "Mr. Purdue":angry:.

Wished I was back in Indiana now, I would actually join you guys!

12. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    yeah it was a fun day out there.. thanks for driving so far ben and david.. david sorry we didnt get you any fish.. well have to do it again sometime. cant wait till the river scum retreat.. thats definately going to be a show not to miss

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Thats my story and Im sticking to it:wink:

It was a good time. Just wish the fishing was more productive and i wasnt so dang tired!!

14. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice flats Shane. As for the other stories, ya both look a little suspect to me. :roll_eyes: I aint believin a word from either of yuns. :smile2:

15. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just wished some of you would have stuck around when I got there :angry:

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Fishing was very slow.. You got out lastnight.. next time dont wait for jamy.. :wink:

17. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice fish Shane! Congrats on the catch

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    The raid has come in so i havent been able to get anymore yet and i know they are running

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    So far this hole has produced at least one flatty per trip... But as soon as the trailer is done and we get the boat on the river I will be fishing way more and better and new holes

20. ironape2

ironape2 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Wow, sound like a bunch a fun guys to fish with. You guys wouldnt happen to be up near Indy would you?