White River Flathead catfish

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by MNeffle, Aug 10, 2006.

1. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hi everyone, I am new to the site and fish the White River North of 116th and south of Noblesville. I used to fish the river almost every week before the fish kill of 1999. Just recently I have been getting reaqainted with the lay of the river and where the holes and snags are located. I pefer to fish for large flatheads and just recently bought a new Allumicraft 14 foot flat bottom with a 9.9 Mercury with Mac's river runner skid plate. My prop is already suffering from the shallow riffles, should have bought a jet. Anyone with any information or who would like to fish let me know.

Mike

2. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    HI Mike and welcome to the BOC. That used to be a great area to fish...however, since the fish kill, I have yet to catch a flathead up that way....but I am sure they are still there. I live on the northside of Indy, but I usually fish either around downtown or points further south. Have caught some nice flatheads this year from the White...but the numbers seem to be down as far as quantity. Just my two cents.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Mike. with that avatar yo should be able to find them. lol I live on theeast side of Indy. I used to fish the white river up there with my dad as a kid 40 years ago. I don't know the access points any more. if you ned a net man sometime Pmail me. LIke Scott I mainly fish downtown and south of Indy.

4. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Hey Mike welcome to B.O.C.

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC... I fish the Downtown area and south of Indy.. Got a few boat ramps here near me around the Mooresville area... if ya ever wanna come down let me know.. we can hook up and catch us some monsters...

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Mike. I'm a frequent White River Fisher, mostly on the northside of Indy in and around Broadripple. Can't get much further because of gas prices. We used to canoe different areas up around Noblesville, mostly fishing for smallmouth. According to some people, there are still some good spots up that way, Cicero Creek comes into the river up around there so when the fish kill hit, I'm sure the fish up in the creek where fine and it wouldn't suprise me if that has helped naturally restock the river up there. Also, when looking at the stocking efforts after the Fish Kill, it looks like they stocked a lot of flatheads up around the Strawtown area.

7. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Mike welcome to the BOC:smile2:

BIGCAT GarryEads