White River Fishing Report

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by MNeffle, May 6, 2007.

1. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Went out Saturday morning around 8:am and fished the White River until about 6:pm. It was a beautiful day even though there was a threat of rain. I think the overcast conditions really helped the daytime activity. The water temperature was 62.5 and by the end of the day had climbed to 66.5. The first snag we fished about 9:am resulted in a "double", two fish on at the same time. A nice 8 lb Channel Cat along with another that went 5 lb. The eight pounder was caught on a goldfish using a slip-sinker rig off the bottom, and the five pounder was caught with a chub minnow fished with the same rigging. We fished numerous snags, but found the best snags to be the biggest along with the deepest water. We ended up with a total of seven fish 3 lb,3.5 lb,4.5 lb,5 lb,5 lb,6 lb, and 8 lb all were Channel Cats. We also caught a Small mouth bass and a Soft shelled turtle. We lost three fish that managed to swim back into the cover. The live bait fish definitely out fished the night crawlers, which only seemed to attract the bait stealer's. All in all turned out to be a nice early season outing for daytime fishing.:cool2:

All fish were released to fight another day
    I have attached some photo's.
    Hope this information helps..........Tight-Lines..........Mike:big_smile_2:

Attached Files:

2. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Here are some more pics.................Mike

Attached Files:

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice White River channels! Those are some good healthy looking fish, the river just seems to get better and better each year. By the way, what stretch of river were you fishing if you don't mind me asking? Thanks for sharing the report/pics.

4. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Rick,

It does seem to appear that the river is a lot cleaner than it use to be, I think that contributes to the overall health and better fishing opportunities. I was fishing a stretch of the river north of Broad Ripple Park.

Mike

Attached Files:

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the report... Great to know someone is catching some... Im going out tonight for the first time this year... ive really been off to a slow start.. i fish the white south of indy Waverly to Martinsville... ill let you know how i do

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Has anyone been catcing any flatheads yet in the White river. Im thinking about doing some bank fishing next week in the Indy area

7. MNeffle

MNeffle New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shane,

Good Luck tonight, maybe the front coming thru will turn them on, let us know how you did...............Mike

Walter,

I haven't caught any Flatheads yet this year, however I am thinking about a night trip maybe this weekend weather permiting.............Mike

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Did real good.. posted my story about it in a new thread

9. Indy

Indy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hope to hit this part of the river soon and try my luck. The weather seems to be getting better, and hopefully the fishing as well! The river is finally coming back after that big kill off.