White River Devalls Bluff Area

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by r_corter12, Jul 17, 2006.

1. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    Got A Few Bites On Stink Bait But No Cats.right Before Dark Went Bass Fishing. Caught 2 Kentuckys.then Something Weird Happend,my Dad Caught A Walley On A Sad Rap On A Rock Bank In Abought 1ft Water.the Water Had Risen The Last Couple Days And The River Was Muddy.has Any One Heard Of Catching Walley This Far South In The White Or Caught One Please Let Me Know

2. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    i talk to some people in the area about this walley my dad caught and no ones ever heard of it some said that pikes had been caught there but no walley any way it was 18inches long and we put it in the freezer to get mounted.

3. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey randy, i know a guy that caught some last year near georgetown and had a man show us one he caught this year up river from georgetown. we saw him catch it so theres some in the river. robbie

4. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    hey robbbie were is georgetown located on the white . weve caught some on the white above batesville but the water is much cooler and clearer at lock three to be spcific by the way do u know don or donnie martin in baldknob.

5. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    I have never seen walleye come from the white. Now saugers are a different story. We were catching saugers on small silver spoons at jacksonport and i would of swore we were catching walleyes until i had someone show me the difference. Corter, ever fish peppers eddy down your way? Sho is some fine fishin down that way!

6. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    Georgetown is above Des Arc probably 10 miles. It is between Des Arc and Agusta. Highway 36 going east dead ends in Georgetown. Went there yesterday. Caught 3 1pound channel cats and 1 5 pound drum. Did you ever hunt Derriseaux. I think you were camped next to us. grizzly

7. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    hey grizzly nice tp talk to you i remember u thats been about ten years ago i was 16 then got to expensive to hunt there.i bowhunt in nebraska now i love it,will never miss a season if its open.

8. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    danny never fished peppers eddie but i know where it is

9. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey randy,i know them both. worked for them for a while. i live about 5 minutes from both. have hunted with donnie several times.

10. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    hey danny was right it was a sauger done reserch on the net the only differances are saugers have black spots on the top fin and they dont get as big.