White River, Broadripple

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by treddinwater, Apr 21, 2006.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Finally got my first cat of the year this afternoon.:) Had some time today and got out from 4-7, went and picked up some goldfish and nightcrawlers. Water is still up and a little murky, around 6:30 while I was getting a phone call on my cell, my rod with a goldfish on it double over and after a nice little fight and muddy bank while netting own fish incident, i landed a beautiful 4lb White River channel cat. While getting my own hook back, I retrieved somebody else hook that was also in his mouth. How's everybody else doing right now? Any good reports? Tight lines everybody.

2. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    is there a boat luanch over there in broadripple cause i would like to go try some for some flatheads this summer

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    There is a boat launch in Broadripple Park just off of 62nd street before it turns into Broadripple Avenue. There are also several canoe launches south of the lowhead dam in Broadripple. All the fishing I do in this area is from shore or wading, so I don't know what sort of tips to give as to boat fishing in the area. But I do know there are some nice flatheads in the area:) .

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I launch at broadripple park nice ramp and parking. the channel is tricky to the north. some shallows but i run a 16' smokerdraft with a 40hp evenrudeand have seen up to 30'footers on the river a the yauth (sp) club. the dam is a hundred or so yards south of the ramp good looking water. Give it a try sometime . just watch your dept.I am planning to be there friday for my first boat float of the year. brown and off white boat.good luck,catch ya later.