White River Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Salty1, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I have a brother who just recently moved to the Fishers,In. area lately. He lives off 96th St. since I am from the Louisville,Ky. area I was wondering if anyone could give me some spots on the White River to fish when I am visiting. Thanks in advance for any info !!!

2. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    At 96th street there is a park called Town Run Trail park. It has alot of assess there. I am not sure how good the cats would be biting right now, but the smallies should be going nuts. There is alos access at 116th street too. Good luck.

3. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Thank you so much for the info !!!! I will start cattin' here in early spring.

4. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    If you want to drive a bit, there is some nice flathead fishing closer to downtown and points further south as well.

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Please tell me :tounge_out: I don't mind driving seeing as I have driven 160 miles to get there already !!!! I can't wait to try this river out in the spring :tounge_out: !!!! Also, please tell me when and where and which live bait. Are there any bait houses near !!!

6. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    There is a bait shop called Westside Bait & Tackle. They are located at the corner of Vermont and White River Pkwy. You can fish right in front of their place and catch some really nice flatheads. We usually fish closer to 10th Street. Anything live with work, but we use bluegills and goldfish mainly. Ive never seen anything ove 20 come out of this stretch, but I know that they are in there.

7. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Thanks alot !!1 Iw iwll contact you when I come in the spring to fish. Maybe we can meet and do some cattin':big_smile:

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Scott's got you pointed in the right direction. The White River is wonderful river, it has fishing for all, bank fishing, wading, or by boat. There are some monster cats in there, at times they can be hard to find, but when you find one, you'll more than likely find a couple more hanging around. My personal best from the White is a 25lber. Right now is a good time to get after some channels on the White River with the water being up a little, it just depends on how well you can handle the weather. I know of the two parks up that way in Fishers, but I have personally never fished them, but plan to next spring. One interesting spot if you can get to it and handle the smell, is fish the water discharge from the water treatment plant there at 96th and hazel dell, I'm sure the water coming out of the treatment plant would be considered a warm water discharge and might attract a few cats, but other then getting a boat in there, I don't know if you could bank fish or not from there.