white river at paragon last sat

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by hdfatboy29, Aug 14, 2008.

1. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    the night started off pretty well caught a soft shell turtle first off about a 10lber then the cats started hitting first in the boat was about 2 lbs second cat was about a 1lb then it got dark and had a few really good hits and then it struck me it bent the pole double and the fight was on . i got it to almost 5 ft from the boat and wham it spit it out . i had so much tension on the line it came slinging back at me and tangled my other poles . i do know it had to be atleast 10lb i,ll never know for sure now . i was getting alot of hits on cut bait and gills . plus i,ll forwarn anyone who is going to fish down there there is a guy who drives a blue toyota pick up and has a really nice boat with 1/4 canopy and flys down the river and will not slow down for you if your fishing i dont know if he,s a fellow brother on here or not but he needs to slow down and respect others a lil better . he rocked us 2 times and there wont be a 3rd i,d like to know if or what anyone,s done about this ???? i hope you all have fun fishing and land some nice cats:big_smile:

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hard to believe ppl are that rude, but they are... I gotta believe most intend no harm and rookie boaters that don't realise.. because if I thought they did??? Whoop arse time.... LOL! other than that I don't know what a person could do? throw rocks, sinkers, yell and cuss is about it.....

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a good night fishing congrats and good luck in the future

4. Crimsonrain22

Crimsonrain22 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Next time he does it leave those turtles in his truck for him......I have been kayaking from martinsville to paragon atleast once a week for a few weeks now. Passed more then a few boaters all of which eather slowed down or killed there motor for us to pass. If it is any of you thank you for being good people.