White River 9/8/09

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Sep 9, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well me and DrPepper hit the river last night im hopes of the state record.. We started catching some bait and " CRACK!!" Sounded like a tree just feel in the river behind us.. Well I had watched this huge fat hawk fly over and land on this tree. And when he did the damn tree broke out from under neath him.. HAHAHAHAHA.. He needed the Jarrod Subway Diet.. HAHA

Anyways we set up at the first hole and man did it look sweet.. we threw lines out and it didnt take long when DrPepper's reel began screaming.. he set the hook and and you would have swore it was a howg.. It pulled up the anchor and pulled us down river about 25 yrds and once to the boat it was like 6 pound flatty.. We were happy it was a flatty but to move us directly over the hole and into the massive log jam we was fishing SUCKED... We had no choice but to motor backwards up river and locate a new hole.. WE then set up on a few more holes that produced one more flatty which yours truley caught.. he was a brute.. a whopping 5 pounds or so... He had me hung up for about 30 to 40 mins til we decided to leave I felt him pulling.. and horsed him up out of the submerged timber.. Gotta Love PRO CAT 40# Line.. its $2.99 a spool and stronger then any 50# or 60# mono I have.. And then we watch as someone was spot lighting the banks... POSSIBLE LIMB LINER!!! But if he was at least he stuck around the area and was checking... He claimed to have caught 2 flattys and a channel.. So It seems that was the thing for that area lastnight cause we too caught only 2 flattys and a channel..

Attached Files:

2. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Oh I forgot about the Camo Turtle.. He's a reagualr G.I Joe!!!:smile2:

Attached Files:

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    man you all catch more dang turtles that i have ever heard or seen anyone catch before

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :sad2:

5. chris_ce

chris_ce New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Pretty cool about the hawk. Last year there was a bald eagle a few bends up the river from the old bridge at Moon road where it crossed over to Gosport.
    Sometimes it's just nice seeing the wildlife.

6. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I think its awsome to be able to set and fish while watching a bald eagle maintain his turf..

7. nitemare_63

nitemare_63 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what area/part of the white river do you fish? and what do you use for bait?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  8. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like a pretty calm night for you 2 , pepper you still got the blame for getting pulled over the sweet lookin hole :smile2:

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Really... I was jumpy the whole time but I'm feelin' pretty lucky- That hawk got the black cloud though - did ya pick-up on that? It landed on a tree nearby and the whole damn thing feel out from underneath em lmao, first time I ever saw a hawk almost break it's neck..

Yeah the anchor breakin' loose and getting pulled over the spot was my fishes fault.:big_smile:

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We fished the Martinsville area last night... we used live Crappie and crappie heads last night.

11. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    saids like a great fishing trip for both of you--now next year there will be another log jam from the fat hawk breaking trees

12. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah the Martinsville area and we was really using chicken livers..

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The IPL dam using cut Mexican....

14. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    im suprised shane didnt cut up MR. IOE and use him for bait lol ... have you all been back down that stretch of river and seen him anymore?

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Not yet... If it's gonna be done though, it's gotta be done soon- because it's gettin' too cold at night, and I doubt that trip can be made without having to get wet a some point.... hypothemia way out there would suck but the fishing is awesome.... a day trip for smallies and crappie is something I want to do also.

16. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    what shane got you to go to lil mexico bill i know the river i know you can still float in the river

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    nah... thats Shanes spot. Evidently it didnt do a bit of good for those Mexicans to get busted poaching there... they keep coming back like flies on a dog turd lmao.

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    They sure do... But i noticed that when I come around they go away... LMAO!! Some reason they dont like me..