White Pool fishing Noodles?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Okie Jim, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Could someone tell me wear to buy white noodles, or white jugs already made up so I can fish Texoma. Any info would be great and thanks.

Jim

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    You can wrap regular pool noodles with white duct tape. Google for backer rods, the come in white and make good jugs also. I usually just wrap my noodles in white duct tape, but he backer rods will last longer.

3. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Paint them white with a can of spray paint.

4. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Spray paint doesn't work too well. Know several who tried it. The best bet is wrapping them in white duct tape or finding the sucker rod which is a white type of foam

5. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the replies guys. I saw a website where I could buy the made up but I can't find it. If I could find the noodles I would like to make some using Ryno's system here on BOC. Keep the ideas coming. Thanks, Jim

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I saw some white noodles at walmart the other day you might want to ask the department head to orlder some for you they will order and send to the store that way its no shipping charge

7. George Graham

George Graham New Member

State:
    Texas
  8. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Okie Jim; you can buy the white material to make your own noodles from a company in Houston, Tx. call S.S.I. It comes in six foot lenghts and has no hole. I built a simple jig to drill the hole and made my own noodles. The material is not very expensive. There phone number is 713-862-3900. They are at 2211 Sabine St. in Houston. The people there are very nice and helpful. If you tell them what you are using it for they will know exactly what you want.
    Good fishing

9. txkatfish

txkatfish New Member

State:
    Holliday, Texas
    I was told to put them into a PVC pipe and put caps on them with I-hook bolts in the caps. makes the noodles last longer. I haven't tried it yet but I'm about to build some and try them out next weekend.

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I seen them also at the Benton Wal-mart in Benton Illinois...I am sure I could get you more information on them if you have no success...Just give me a shout...

11. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks for the number in Houston. I will give them a try. I wanted to buy some already made up from a company north of Fort Worth, but they must be out of business as they wont return phone calls or e-mails and their web site is broke. I have tried the plastic jugs and they take up a lot of room in the boat and have to be replaced often if they are left outside when not in use. :big_smile:

12. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    I FOUND SOME WHITE JUGS AT WALLY-WORLD

13. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    The backer rods from SSI is the way to go. The fitness place charges too much for shipping. I had a Rolex watch charged to my account after doing business with them. Would not recommend doing business with them under any condition. SSI has offices around the state. They also have a store in Austin on Todd Lane.

14. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have enclosed a coupole of pics of what my friend FuzzFace and I came up with as far as jugs.... the first is or white jugs... made from 3" pvc as explained elsewhere, and how we control our jugs in the boat.

Attached Files:

15. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    The backer rod is a thicker and denser foam that pool noodles and will hold bigger fish. The only thing is most of it has no holes (at least to my understanding). You have to make a pipe that will make those holes. TXkat if you will put a weight inside those jug they will flag when fish hit them.

16. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Go to the lumberyard get insolation that goes over the size pipe you use it has a hole in it.thanks samdavis

17. jstall

jstall New Member

State:
    Gary Texas
    Pat; I called them to see if they were still open this morning and they answered the phone. They told me they have a recorder after hours. Here is there web sight http://www.catfishbaitsoap.com/

18. pat muckelroy

pat muckelroy New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks for the web site. I went to it and finally found the price and how to order. They are currently out of stock, but hopefully will get some made up soon.:big_smile:

19. kaminskipa

kaminskipa New Member

State:
    Plainview, Texas
    I wish I would of seen this thread earlier, I would of ordered the white material, but I did not. I purchased yellow noodles from Wal Mart and have painted them white. Of course it does not want to stay on very good. I then got some clear contact paper and placed it over the painted noodle. It looks good but do not know how it will hold up to water and weather. If it does not I will try the white duct tape.

Good luck and good fishing!!!!

20. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Okay guys had some good people teach me the right way to fish jugs. These jugs pictured are known as stationary jugs meaning you find a channel bend or drop off in the lake and set them in the appropiate depth for the time of year.

These jugs have 50' of line but only the bottm 20' has hooks. 20' is the common depth I fish unless its winter and the fish are holding deep. I solve the problem about how much line I need by setting them on the bootm giving the line slack and making two half hitches. As you can tell I don't waste a lot of money on different lines (one thing I learned). I want big heavy line all the way through. Fish to 85lbs has ben caught on similar set ups. My stages are 5' apart and the bottm is 2' from bottom.

The foam is the good dense foam from SSI although I did not purchase it directly. My hooks go through extra foam pieces when I store them and I never take them off unless I replace them. The way this setup works I can stage a line in 2-3 minutes tops with bait by myself. With 2 people in the boat we can set 100 hooks in 45 minutes or less.

Both ends are capped and a weight is inside because they lay flat in the water until a fish hits then the stay standing or flagging as some call it. The foam can be slid up and down the pipe so I can prevent lines from flagging in heavy wind or waves. The weight is a one pound training weight cut in half although some people use one pound. in either case they are inexpensive. each one only costs 44 cents. Hope this helps.

Attached Files: