White perch attractants

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by ole whiskers, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

I have seen this old man when I was young use a mason jar filled with minnows swimming around. He weighted the bottom and lowered it to a desired depth. He always had fish in freezer.

2. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    never heard of that, but you never know what will work. maybe someone has tried it and will let us know.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Boy, that's an oldie. Haven't heard that one in a loooong time. I've heard some old codgers swear by it. Here's another trick. When you're fishing over a good spot and the action slows down, grab a fish or two out of the cooler and scale them over the side. The shiny scales drifting down through the water will sometimes turn the fish back on. I guess they look like minnows.

4. fatcat_boo

fatcat_boo New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I will have to try that. It makes sense it is a small school of minnows that they can see. I like that idea. Thanks ole whiskers

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    GEEZE THAT'S AN OLDIE ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that 1 back in the late 50's as in 1958. I read it in Field and Stream, Taps Tips column.

catman george

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    And speaking of old articles in Field and Stream, how many of you remember Robert Rouark's The Old Man and the Boy series that also came out as a book? Incidentally, that book's never been out of print since it first came out. Not many books stay in print for 50 years. IMO, it's still one of the best books I've ever read, and I reread it every 3 or 4 years.

7. ROSSOYOUNG

ROSSOYOUNG New Member

State:
    OK
    Wow! who would have thought that, I am definitly going to try that

8. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Keep on talking Jerry and you are going to tell our age I looked forward to reading the old man and boy every month:big_smile_2:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    if we had good white perch fishing around here i would soooo try that one