White Noodles

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by labdog9099, Jan 31, 2008.

1. labdog9099

labdog9099 New Member

State:
    texas
    I love to jug fish. I use swimming pool noodles of different colors. The game warden tells me that i need a white noodle jug.
    Does any one know where you can purchase white pool noodles or a similar product .
    there is an abundance of other colors at pool stores or wal mart
    Any ideas appreciated.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    It would probably be quicker and easier to paint them or put white duct tape on the ones you already have.

3. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    They are hard to find locally, some have posted some sites that carry them on the web though!!!!

4. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Leon:

I agree with 777.
    I make a lot of my products with Pool Noodles and I have about 400 in my inventory, and have tried to buy White noodles as so far I can not get them from even the manufacterers, unless I would buy a semi load of them($4000)

Good Luck:

Gene

5. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have used spray paint and it comes off real easy. The white duct tape will work. I have used several different colors of it and it will stay on very well. Start at the top and go all the way around , over lap a little , cut it off and , start the next wrap around. Look, close the the paint section at Walmart thats where you will find it. Good Luck

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Why white? This some sort of regulation? I spray painted mine flourescent orange.

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NEVER SEEN ANY WHITE NOODLES:confused2:

8. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is the color that the fish and wildlife says to use. Thanks Sam Davis

9. ronlyn239

ronlyn239 New Member

State:
    Bartlesvil
    I was at the Tulsa Boat Show yesterday, visiting with Bert of Bert's Jugs. He says that the majority of the jug must be white, and that he got his approved through the TPWD.

The origin, according to him, is that commercial fishermen used other colors and to differentiate, the dept. mandated white for recreational fishermen.

10. texasrecurve

texasrecurve New Member

State:
    texas
    White duct tape works for me.

TR

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Guess i'm still lost. I jug fished grand Lake in Okla. alot last year and there are noodles of every color. Guess i need to do a little studing this year before i set any out.:crazy:

12. dobbie

dobbie Member

John in Oklahoma you can use any color you want.Just make sure you have your name and address on them.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    John as mentioned above any color is fine in Oklahoma.

This is the regulations for Texas waters.

Jugline: For use in FRESH WATER only. A fishing line with five or less hooks tied to a free-floating device.
    • May be used to take NONGAME fish, channel catfish, blue catfish and flathead catfish only.
    • Placement and Location Restrictions: Juglines may not be used in
      • Community Fishing Lakes
      • Reservoirs or sections of rivers lying totally within the boundaries of a state park
      • Lake Bastrop in Bastrop County
      • Bellwood Lake in Smith County
      • Lake Bryan in Brazos County
      • Boerne City Lake in Kendall County
      • Lakes Coffee Mill and Davy Crockett in Fannin County
      • Dixieland Reservoir in Cameron County
      • Gibbons Creek Reservoir in Grimes County
      • North Concho River from O.C. Fisher dam to the Bell Street dam
      • Lake Pflugerville in Travis County
      • South Concho River from Lone Wolf dam to Bell Street dam
      • Tankersley Reservoir in Titus County
    • Tagging and Marking Requirements:
      • Must be used with a valid GEAR TAG (see Definitions) attached within 6 inches of the free-floating device; gear tag is valid for 30 days after the date set out and must include the number of the permit to sell nongame fish taken from fresh water, if applicable. Properly marked buoys or floats qualify as valid gear tags.
      • For non-commercial purposes, a jugline must be marked with a white, free-floating device.
      • For commercial purposes, a jugline must be marked with an orange, free-floating device.

14. bw19

bw19 New Member

State:
    Texas
    You can get white foam by mail from SSI in Houston. It is properly called backer rod. However, it has no hole in the middle--you have to drill your own.

I prefer to use the colored swim noodles and wrap them with white duct tape. You can write your name, date, etc on the white duct tape with a permanent marker. Also, the duct tape wrapping makes the foam last longer. Once a year, I add a new clean layer.

15. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  16. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    They work fine the only thing that I do is I put a 1lb dumb bell from academy on them instead of a washer and leave about 2-3 foot of line from the bottom so that the circle hooks can load up and then set when the fish gets to the end of the line. Has worked well for me and have caught some nice fish over ten pounds. I would trust them to even bigger fish than that.
    Good Luck.

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I made some like that drawout, they will hold up just fine!!!!

18. clewis351

clewis351 New Member

State:
    texas
    they must be white as it is stated in the yearly regulation book. I too had to paint my noodle as it was flourecent green originally and as stated the paint cracked and pealed something bad. so i also wrapped them in white duct tape as my wife was over my shoulder saying how come you just didnt buy white???????? go figure.... dont waste your time trying to paint them.

19. nuts1968

nuts1968 New Member

State:
    Texas
    For Sure, white paint would due the trick. Also you may look into finding some of that reflective tape. If I remeber it comes in white as well. Good luck. :wink:

20. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I remembed what the companys name was that I bought my white closed cell foam from. This is thier web site. Fish-a-noodle.com they sell a six pack for around $20.00 I usually cut them in half and then do as the post from above states with the pvc. They work good for me.
    Hope this helps. Oh and the rod going through the noodle works good for making hooks to hang things in the garage.