White Noodles?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Okie Jim, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Could anyone tell me where to buy white noodles or white noodle jugs already made up. I need them for a Texoma trip coming up.
    Thanks
    Jim

2. okie catfish hunter

okie catfish hunter Member

State:
    Ponca City, OK
    Google Redneck's jugs He has white. But they are pretty pricey. I've never seen white noodles around here. I did find a neon green one along the roadside the other day. Funny how you can get excited about finding something free you can buy at Dollar General for 1.50 LOL

3. Okie Jim

Okie Jim New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the reply. That could be the web I foumd and lost. I am wanting to try to make some off of a thread I saw here.
    Thanks
    JIm

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If your fishing with an Oklahoma license and will primarily be one the Oklahoma side, I would not use white jugs. They are harder than h___ to see with sun or moon light reflecting off the water surface. The guys in Texas have no choice as that is what their laws require. But, being an Oklahoman, I'd use yellow noodles...they are a whole lot more visible. If you just want white jugs, and don't mind spending a little money, you can easily fabricate them out of 3" PVC pipe, two end caps for 3" pipe, an 18" piece of 3/4" pvc pipe, two end caps for the 3/4 inch pipe, an eye bolt, PVC glue and a hot glue gun. The hot glue is used where the 3/4" pipe passes through the end cap. The beauty of these jugs is that you can make a sleeve (or maybe your wife, girlfriend, daughter, High School Home Economics class, someone) out of any colored rip rap material you want. Simply pull it over the white pvc pipe and it becomes a yellow noodle, or green, or blue, or red, etc.