White Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by rhodey, Jun 10, 2008.

1. rhodey

rhodey New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hello folks. I am going to White Lake in a week - and was wondering if anyone here has ever fished it? Any advice on the area in general would be welcomed. Thanks in advance

2. MuDD_Cat23

MuDD_Cat23 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Whats happening i go to white lake every summer and well im goin to be real honest with you i have saw fish but only a few bass ive never heard of anyone catching any cats out of there now for as far as jet skis and boating and having good water fun go for it. But the water in the lake has droped about 3 foot and its only like maybe 6 foot in the center right now but try it out there might be something in there i dont know about

3. rhodey

rhodey New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am thinking I will try to spend an evening or two on the Cape Fear at Elizabethtown. Between the two areas I hope to have some better luck than I have had here.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I have caught small cats in White Lake. It's been so long ago I don't even remember what kind. They might have been bullheads because every one was about eight inches long with a flat head and dark as soot.

5. rhodey

rhodey New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Got back last night and I have to say I was pretty surprised. The water is very crowded during the day, but after about 11 pm I was able to get some fishing done. Seems to be alot of perch and white bass in the lake as well as the usual Largemouths and bream. There are cats in the lake - we caught a few channels over two nights of fishing biggest was probably 5 lbs. Old fella on the dock next to us with his grandkids was cattin as well. About 3 am. his bell started ringing he set the hook and was promptly spooled. That gave us the incentive to stay out longer for sure:smile2:. We tried cut-bait, and crawlers, and only had luck on the crawlers. I don't know why the motels flat out lie when asked about the fish in the lake(told by the owner that it was a dead lake) but there seem to be plenty in there.