White Grubs

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Catmanjack, Mar 31, 2007.

1. I was digging in my garden and....

Just a little ignorance here but can anyone tell me if the white grub-worms that you find in your garden are a good catfish bait??? It would seem that they would be but I have never used them. Any info out there on if they are worth using and if so, what methods of presentation would be appreciated.

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Good bait at times.Just fish them like any other worm or night crawler.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

3. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey man I would rather use shad or fresh bream before I would handle some grubs like that. The lawn guru who lives next door to me says they are real hard on your grass. :big_smile:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    If they dont work for Cats you can always use them to fish for gills/bream. They sell them here in Ohio for that and usually do fairly well with them.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have fish with Grubs before, they are good bait for Bluegills and other Panfish.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree. If you can keep the gills off them they'll work! :confused2:

7. Thanks brothers. I might just try them out on the bluegills as well.

8. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    ive tried them before with limited luck...the only place ive caught cats on them was in farm ponds. and they are hard on the grass and plants..they eat the root system...there are several different kinds but most you find are june bug larvae

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    used to use those on the creeks for channel cats. the brothers are right though, they are a pain in the grass! we used to get ours where we dumped grass clippings.

10. chadf

chadf New Member

State:
    Bossier, La
    i cought a few small blues with some about 2 weeks ago. dug some out of my compost pile while digging for worms so I figured what the heck and put a couple on my jugs.

11. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    They always work for me.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i get them under my rabbit cages.they work real well in big rivers wher you have few if any bluegills.they also work for bullheads to.