White Christmas!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, Dec 24, 2009.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The Weather Guru saying we gonna have a white Christmas up here in Pope county Arkansas! We shall see!!

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    yeah Top, up here in Fayetteville, they are saying 5-8 inches of snow coming our way. It kind of perplexes me with the temps still in the 50's and rain still pouring down like crazy. Oh well, that's what they say is heading here.........it just means more wood in the fireplace.

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    It went from rain to sleet here in a matter of minutes. temp dropped from 45 to 29 in about 10 minutes. Roads are getting slick here. 8 to 12 inches of snow possible tonight and tomorrow. White Christmas but be careful!!!

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    almost here, just looked at the weather map and its basically over the mountain from us. Not looking forward to the sudden drop in temps but thats arkansas for ya. Have a happy White christmas ya'll:wink:

5. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    We have snow on the ground. Rain, to sleet, to snow, in less than 20 minutes. As long as we don't lose our electricity I don't care. We called the kids and told them not to start if there was ice on the roads.

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Well everybody just be safe if you have to get out and have a Merry Christmas.

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    As many years as I have lived in south arkansas I have never seen a white xmas.. but they saying we may wake up to a little here in the morning.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    About 2 inches on the ground now at 8:40 p.m. :cool2:. Around the Natural Dam area. We haven't had a white Christmas in 19 years. Let's all go skip fishing in the morning :eek:oooh::wink::smile2:.

9. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The snow has made it to Mena!!!!! Looks like alot of us Arkies are going to have a white Christmas :big_smile: Have a safe and happy holidays....

Cass

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Hope all of you have a safe an Merry White Christmas . The only white Christmas i can remember here in Wilm N.C. ,was 20 years ago this year ,an heck we had 24 inches that year

11. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    WEll, We were supposed to get all iced in and we got less than 1/10 of an ich of ice...but we got 11 inches of snow since this morning..amd it is gonna snow all night and suppesed to get harder and weeter tomarrow and saturday it is supposed to snow all day and sunday we are suppesed to get motning snow showers...I dont see any fishing all next week at the river...maybe some ice fishing though:big_smile:

12. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    Christmas morning in southwest Arkansas. Texarkana got a light dusting of snow last night. I live 9 miles south of Texarkana and we didn't get a single flake. Merry Christmas Ya'll!!!

13. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    We got about 1/2 in. here in Mena last night. Not enough to make a snowman :angry: Hope you all had a good Christmas... Cass

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    When i passed thru London last nite it was just rainin. When i turned north at Alma it was snowing like all get out. 540 got bad fast, but we made it back home ok and fortunately didn't get as much as i expected. Hope everyone has a blessed Christmas and a good new year.

15. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Johnny, we ended up with about 3 inches in fattyville. I am in Greers Ferry now. It was iced covered all the way to Huntsville, but smooth sailing after that.
    Wouldn't it be a great day to be catfishing on "the fairy" now??? NOT:tounge_out:

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    We ended up with 3 to 4 inches in this area :cool2:.

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    woke up this morning to less than an inch of the white stuff but its perrty.hope its gone soon.

18. Graham

Graham New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Don't know what made us do it but we decided to buy three of those round sleds for the kids as an extra Christmas present. We put them out in the carport with bows on them, so when they opened the door this morning to check out the snow, they were waiting for them. They've been out playing in the yard most of the day. What a great, peaceful Christmas inside the house lol.
    We're supposed to have friends coming tomorrow, but I'm not sure how many will make it. With the temperature at 16f it doesn't seem like it will be thawing much.

19. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Just when I can get up my driveway it comes another snow:smile2: guess I aint goin nowhere for a couple days unless the temps get up. Where I live that christmas snow will be here in places all winter........:eek:oooh : now another inch to go on top....

20. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    mac, I noticed you wrote that last post at 1:21am and mentioned getting another inch of snow??? I am up in Kansas City now and we got about 3 inches during the night. Do you know if Fayetteville got any snow last night?