White Catfish Ugly Stick

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by BigTattoo, Nov 11, 2005.

1. BigTattoo

BigTattoo New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Okay. I decided to order a couple of Ambassador 6500's. I decided a while back that I was going to get a couple of the white catfish Ugly Sticks. I was seeing them in every local store. Last night I decided to grab a couple before I ordered my reels, and to my surprise, I can't find any of those rods anywhere. Does anyone know if they're being discontinued?

Thanks,
    BigTattoo

2. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    I doubt that they have been discontinued. They are pretty popular around here. Retailers are probally just not re-ordering much stock till toward the spring.

3. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Check out our sponsor catfish connection. I know they have them.

4. BigTattoo

BigTattoo New Member

State:
    Louisiana

:D Did not see them the first time :D. I think I will get two of the 8 footers with two 6500s should be a good set up.

Thanks,
    BigTattoo

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My local Walmart has them..I have a couple and they are decent rods...I would not call them a big fish rod, but they will handle cats in the 30-lb range fairly good.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Heck man, a 30# fish is BIG to me!, It's GIANT to me! :p

7. BigTattoo

BigTattoo New Member

State:
    Louisiana

If I caught in the 20-lb range I would be happy if it broke :rolleyes:. Walmart had some but all out plus walmart doesn't support the B.O.C. LOL.

8. juniormathis

juniormathis New Member

State:
    verona,ms
    wallmart has the ugly sticks

9. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I use them and like them, landed 43 lb biue, this summer on one , I like the tiger , they make also, catfish connection has them, also walmart does carry them seen 7&8 footers today.

10. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I've got one of the Catfish ugly sticks 8 feet.good rods for the money.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep, Catfish connection has em. I got my 8 ft from them over the summer. I got my other one (7 ft) from Wally's world. Love em both :wub:

12. BigTattoo

BigTattoo New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Been hearing great things about Gators Custom Rods so I sent him an e-mail. So before I buy anything I'll wait to hear from him.

Thanks,
    BigTattoo

13. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    B.T. I've been thinking about those Gator rods myself and from what I hear you can't go wrong with one of his rods.

However for a 2nd or 3rd rod,you can't beat the Catfish ugly stick for it's price.

I have an old 20 plus years Abu Garica 7 foot rod that I love it has never let me down. I can't find anything that feels like it these days. I've been thinking about asking Jim if he can make a copy of that rod for me. I've even give thought of sending him my rod so he can get a feel of just what it is that I want. If you go with a Gator rod let me know what you think about it.

14. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I have a Abu Garica 55G spinning reel I've been thinking about matching it with my 8 foot ugly stick. I've had it for a while just never used it,it's just waiting to be used like all the others reels As I type this I can see 6 Abu reels that I've never used. Man I think I need more rods now.LOL