white catfish rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flo, Dec 17, 2009.

1. flo

flo Member

State:
    fay nc
    What is the best white 1 peace catfish rod on the market? :tounge_out:

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    ugly stick makes a white 1 piece rod called the "uglycat", not sure its the best but ugly sticks seem ta hold up.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I believe Lenny has hit it exactly.

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  5. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    SURGE RODS. NOT UGLY CATS.

6. Quint

Quint New Member

State:
    N.C.
    Surge is the best.

7. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Check out the Team Catfish Rods. They have 5 diff modles in both spinning and casting. They are very tough. I switched to them from the Ugly cat rods. :big_smile:

8. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    White? Surge hands down the eyes are excellent nice cork handle really nice rod.

9. holliswood

holliswood Well-Known Member

State:
    King, NC
    I have a old school Daiwa one piece rod thats eight feet. It works well for white's and mid-sized channel cats. Found it at a Habitat store for $10. Sometime's I find good rods at places people would never think to look.

10. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    Surge Trophy Elite!!

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    American Spirit Nite Stick Pro Model 7'6". It's a great rod and a very good price. You won't want any Ugly Stick after you use that rod.

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I concur, Wes! :wink:

Bill in SC

13. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Oh,you poor misguided soul!:smile2::smile2:.

14. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I love my American Spirit Nite Stick Pro series too. But for pulling them out of the wood I like the Eagle Claw Snaggun Stick.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The American Spirit Nitestick Pros have the backbone to manhandle any catfish swimming, out of the snags. They are excellent rods anchored or drifting. For the PRICE, they can't be beat. Sure, you can spend $75+ and get rods just as good, but po folks like me have to choose the best product in my price range. I bought 10 American Spirit rods for $29 each, and have had NO issues at all with them. Again, I like the backbone of the one piece, white 7'6" Nite Sticks. Also the NINE eyes are HEAVY DUTY.

Bill in SC

16. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I would have to say ugly cat. I have never used any other white rods.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have two Eagle claw Cat claw rods,though they are spinning type rods ,I have both rigged with abu 7000 reels,These are 12' rods and they have served me well for over 10 yrs. I recently purchased two Berkly big game series rods in 7.5' these are rigged at the moment with shakesphere SKP 2000 S reels and are my channel cat rods for use here on my home lake.

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I must confess that I still have 5 Berkley 'Big Game' rods sitting here too. They have never failed me at any time. My only complaint with them is their flimsy eyes. I do prefer the 6' 6" Big Game rods for their sturdiness compared to the Big Game rods 7 feet and up. The longer ones should be fine for smaller channels though. I fully intend on putting two of my Big Game rods back in service on Christmas, for my two new Abu Garcia 6500 'Green Cat' reels that I have under the tree. I hope to eventually have some stouter eyes put on my Big Game rods so I can continue to use them. When drifting, having a couple or shorter rods on the outside of the rod rack is favorable.

Bill in SC

19. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I dont know if im used to stiffer rods or what? I bought a white ugly stick cat rod 7' MH and it feels like and ultra light. Im gonna end up giveing it to a kid somewhere. I do however like the the other Ugly Sticks though.

20. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    i hate my uglycat with a passion for big ones...great channel rod...i hear the surge rods are bomb!!!jmho

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009