White bass on TN river

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Zing, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I took my good neighbor and son out on the Tenn River saturday for some white bass fishing. My son and I went and caught about 200 crawfish friday afternoon and we hit the river around 9:00 am saturday morning. My son and neighbor had put 30 white bass in the live well, I had one white bass and one spotted bass. The wind was blowing hard but it did not seem to bother either one of them. I traded spots on the boat with my son, still no better. They even talked about letting me reel one of theres in. I finally put down the crawfish and put on a white jig. The curse was over. We finished fishing about 30 min later and left with our limit of 45. It was a great day spending time with my son and a good friend.

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Were you fishing at Dimond Island? We seen boats there and at the catfish?
    You may have been gone. As it was 11am when we got on the water.
    The strip are fun to catch. But I don't use crawfish anymore. The flys I tie for skipjack works great on them.
    Pete

3. Zing

Zing Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete we were at diamond island, we were tied to the depth maker pole. The wind was out of control could not keep the anchor down. I just could not feel the hits with either rod. Tried spinning rod first then casting rod. The jigs did do better for me. We cooked 1/2 of them up sunday after church, fun to catch and good to eat.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Thanks for the report Richard! :big_smile: Its great that you were able to spend quality time with your son & neighbor! :cool2:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    There was a boat there when I went up the river. And then I came back down I think.
    I had to slow down to 30 MPH in the Lund.:smile2:
    Pete