White bass and Flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by countrycat15, Jul 20, 2006.

1. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    hay guys,i have a quiestion.........will flatheads bite small whole white bass?im thinking they would because white bass are in the river im fishing and i guess the flatties are use to eating them.or will they bite anything thats alive? any info u guys have will help me out alot. :0a31:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have read threads that suggest that flatties will bite small sand bass oh sorry white bass.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I caught a 20 pounder last night on a dead white bass and a twenty one pounder on saturday night.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Gotta remember, white bass or sand bass may be considered a game fish. Not legal to use them in all states!

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if you have white bass in the same system as the flats, USE THEM! in my opinion they are the #1 live bait for flats if they both inhabit the same area. i have used white bass up to 1-1/2lb, just had to add about 7oz of weight. to me the only thing better than white bass is shad.

6. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Yes, shout yea, Dang straight, You-bet, fore-sure, you-got-that- rite, heck-yes, sure-will, yep, uaha, dern-tootin, Did that answer your question?........ If you have a fish that you want to keep, You'd better not pull it in front of a flathead.......steve

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I take this as yes they would bite white bass? lol ,:big_smile_2: :0a33: :0a28:

8. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    white bass are a great bait to use when going after flat heads, also try bream, both of these baits are tough and are favorites of flat heads