Whit river 5/9

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by buckeater, May 10, 2009.

1. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    went out on the white in the broad ripple area this time for a few hours last night. the fish were caught on cut bait. managed one flathead before sun down. towards the end of the night i did get some on live but couldnt keep them hooked. they were in water that was a foot or less. you could hear them splashing before the rod would even load up.
    heres a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    heres a couple more. the little flathead was from the same spot just three weeks earlier.

Attached Files:

3. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Looks like alot of fun, was the nightime bite kinda slow?????:eek:oooh:

4. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah. about an hour after dark it died off and then about midnight when we were getting ready to leave it was picking back up.

5. diver268

diver268 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    How strong was the current and was the water still pretty high ?

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    here in the next week I plan to fish it atleast twice south of Indy in the waverly area

7. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    the current was about normal and the river i dont think was high. last weekend when we were out it was out of the banks in some spots and some of the island you couldnt even tell there were islands. there were enough of those maple seed things floating down the river that about every half of a mile i had to stop to clean them out of the jet. they kept getting clogged in the screen and not letting it suck water up.