Whistler's Trail Cam Pics

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Whistler, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Though there aren't a lot of bucks in these pics, there is a lot of activity. I have three cameras set up on my back lot. One on the main walking trail into my valley, one on the fenceline where they cross over and one on a main game trail in my upper property. That first pic I guess the deer got curious to see what that new thing on the tree was! LOL Two of our cameras failed on the first roll of film. We have two Moutrie cameras and a Stealth camera. One of the Moultries melted the connector to the camera and the stealth quit winding film. Had 23 shots on the stealth that didn't take cause it was not loaded properly too. Fixed it and in a week it took 16 more pics. Some of which had nothing in them. Next year I think we're gonna have digitals out there.

Attached Files:

2. Whistler

State:
    TN
    More pics from the trail cams.

Attached Files:

3. Whistler

State:
    TN
    A few more pics from the trail cam.

Attached Files:

4. Whistler

State:
    TN
    These pics are from a different camera.

Attached Files:

5. Whistler

State:
    TN
    More from the same camera.

Attached Files:

6. Whistler

State:
    TN
    These are the last ones. The second picture here is the only buck we got. He's right on the left side of the pic.

Attached Files:

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's fun seeing whats on them isnt it?

Do you have any black bear in your area?

8. VerotiK

VerotiK New Member

State:
    Harrison, Arkansas
    Thanks for sharing!

9. Whistler

State:
    TN
    No bear here. They got them on the east side of the state. I'm surprised I didn't get more pics of turkeys. Got a ton of them here. Still have the cams out there. We got one of the bad ones back already from Moultrie set it up last night near a heavily used game trail. When we get the stealth cam back, we'll gonna try to find a scrape or a rub line to set it up on.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well ya wouldn't have any trouble getting meat off that trail from the looks of those pic's.

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    FYI:

I've sometimes had turkey go right past mine w/ out setting them off, it might be that they dont weight enough or somethign like that, now when a turkey, if a single Hen for instance flaps her wings then that is usually enough to make it go off, if not I've noticied that most of my Turkey pics are of multiple turkey & not single ones.

12. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    wow I need to get some of those cams to show ya all what big deer looks like lol j/k we do have alot of huge deer here had a large buck and 3 does walking down infront of the house 2 days ago do the cams cost alot?

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    For some reason I'm hungry for some deer meat. LOL.
    nice pic's. Those camera's are neat to have. Looks like you have a nice place. This time of year is the best time to be out in the woods.
    I would have to take out a doe for eating. Maybe a young Buck.
    Meat is what I go for and it looks like you have plenty of deer to choose from.

14. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Those Moultrie cams cost about 50 bucks a piece. The Stealth is 60 bucks. If I were gonna buy a new one again it would be digital. Maybe one every once in awhile cause they're 99 bucks each at Wally World. After deer season is over here, they mark them down usually too.

15. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Great pics Whistler,

16. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    nice pics bryan, gimme more !!!!!!!!!!

17. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Bryan nice pic's thank's for sharing them and you have some nice land there too.

18. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Bryan great pics. I can see ole egger just droolin right now as we speak. I bet he cant wait for a juice vienison steak from one of those deer.

In my part of mid Illinois the rut is getting into full swing. Been seeing alot of deer active during the day. had one yesterday run past me no more than 50 feet away. I was in a tractor.

19. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Tim, I don't think they are in full rut here yet. We've seen many bucks around here the past few days and none were with does. I think the warmer weather so far is keeping them down a bit. Hopefully by next weekend it will pick up. Need more meat in the freezer. BTW, I'll probably never even try to get Egg to try venison again. I heard some bad things about the last time. Not again says I!! LOL

20. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Last years picture

Attached Files: