Whiskers on the Grand River

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by jspiel, Apr 15, 2007.

1. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    i just spoke with a couple locals who have been fishing the mouth of Deer Creek from shore. They informed me that they have caught several channel cats in the last week,the largest one being just over 6lbs, and that they were using crawlers only. I know "third party info" must be taken with a grain of salt, but i havent heard much else lately.....

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    If you ask me Jon, thats great information. Get your butt out there. I was going to go today myself, but got plans changed with the Red Wings.

3. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    The river level has bounced up again after that snowfall & subsequent runoff.
    This week, though, is supposed to be in the 50s everyday, and dry everyday except maybe Wednesday. By Saturday the 21st the level should be manageable and the temp up a bit.
    Good fishing!

4. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I was down there Sunday afternoon to check the water level.Saw a couple people fishing from the bank. Water was very high. Part of the parking area was under water. It's a great place for cats to get out of the direct current of the river. If the reports you got are true then the channel cat fishery is about to hit high gear. That area won't hold any numbers of cats unless they are pushing upstream and need to get some rest from the current. I'm very glad to hear that some cats were caught there. Now if I could just get some bait!!!!

5. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste