Whisker sticker hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by YUKON JACK, Feb 5, 2008.

1. YUKON JACK

YUKON JACK New Member

State:
    WASHINGTON
    anyone ever use whisker sticker hooks? any opinions

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah i use them all the time,i like them myself.with the double barbs you wont have to worry about one getting off thats for sure.Its kind of a pain to get the fish unhooked but at least they dont come off.I think there great.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used to buy em all the time,Aint seen them anywhere in a long while. I liked the double barb design.

4. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    Yes i use them. They are good for me. They dont seem to get in the eye of the fish as much as regular hooks do. They are kind of a pain to get out tho, but after practice its not bad.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    NEVER HEARD OF THEM ???

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    you can get them all the time at the wal-marts around here.But i keep a stock of them in the old tackle box.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I like them, but I never see them in bigger sizes. I usually use 5/0 or bigger kahle hooks, and only see whisker stickers in 3/0 I think.

Those who haven't seen them, they are a wide gap hook like a kahle, but with 2 barbs instead of 1.

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I use them and love them. I haven't missed a single fish after setting the hook good. I have caught up to 20# blues on them and no problems here. The double barb helps hold bait on too.:cool2:

9. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I've used them in the past for channels they are hard to get out till you get used to them. I use to get them at walmart and kmart, but that was years ago. They are good hooks and they do hold the fish once hooked.

10. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
  11. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just happened to have some on hand wile fishing this past weekend. I think Wistler was talking them up on another post a wile back. Man I love this site. Any way the cats were biting fairly soft and I could not get a good hookup with my c hooks (no run and reel with my bait runner) and larger kahle hooks were not working so good. So I switched over to the whiskers #2 and boy what a difference it made. my hookup rate improved dramatically, and I never lost a fish. They are a little hard to get out sometimes though. Is there a trick?