Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used the search function to look specifically for these two but most conversations are mostly about the demon dragons, all well and good but I've been partial to whisker seeker as of now that may change in the future but I was more curious about the main differences between the MP and the PP seekers I know that one says that it's for higher turbulence I wasn't sure if that meant more that it should be fished in strong current or not or if people just had a better preference for one over the other. Personally I don't have a boat so I can't really use these for drifting I just mostly using these on the river or if I'm at a lake unfortunately using them without the rattle (unless I reel in slowly) but I'm more focused on the river / rattling mechanics. I like the look of the PP as it's slimmer and streamlined

·
Registered
264 Posts
If I had to use one bank fishing I would use the PP.
However I wouldn’t recommend either unless you were in a boat dragging or drifting baits. I love WST as well and I bought a ton of their gear but I had much better bite ratio on their ultra chub rig, rattler rigs and even a plain float plus inline rattle than I did using the MP PP seekers while bank fishing. The pp/mp are good rigs if your dragging baits but there’s better options if your bank/still fishing in my opinion. If I was to pick any WST rig while bank fishing I’d pick the ultra chub.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Before I left for Germany 3 years ago the MP Seeker was my favorite rig alongside a custom skipjack colored DD I got from a fellow forum member. Now I primarily fish the James so there's lots and lots of current being a tidal river, so you're results may be different. But I got at least (10) 60lbers on both and that was only anchor fishing. I would fish them alongside santee rigs and Carolina rigs and the numbers faired the santee rigs and Carolina rigs by alot. However 50lbers and up it wasn't even close in favor of my 2 favorites. Oh I do take the hook off the MP seeker and change it to Daiichi 7/0 or Team Catfish 8/0 or 10/0. I feel I get better hookup ratio on those.
I have some PP Seekers, Black Mambas, and XL Big Bertha's to try when I get home in a couple months tight lines to ya.
Automotive lighting Hand tool Tool Bumper Eyewear
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before I left for Germany 3 years ago the MP Seeker was my favorite rig alongside a custom skipjack colored DD I got from a fellow forum member. Now I primarily fish the James so there's lots and lots of current being a tidal river, so you're results may be different. But I got at least (10) 60lbers on both and that was only anchor fishing. I would fish them alongside santee rigs and Carolina rigs and the numbers faired the santee rigs and Carolina rigs by alot. However 50lbers and up it wasn't even close in favor of my 2 favorites. Oh I do take the hook off the MP seeker and change it to Daiichi 7/0 or Team Catfish 8/0 or 10/0. I feel I get better hookup ratio on those.
I have some PP Seekers, Black Mambas, and XL Big Bertha's to try when I get home in a couple months tight lines to ya. View attachment 330682 View attachment 330683
I saw one of you other replays with that DD and it almost made me get one like that instead but I wanted to try out the triple threat hooks, I'm in Dayton Ohio so most cats up here are relatively small maybe if I get on the Ohio river but my biggest (not that I've actually be able to catch much ) is a 26 in channel and a 24 flat so not working with anything big probably going 8/0 or 6/0 for those(getting both so I can switch em out)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it's my post but sorry for replying replying twice, I didn't really get to the heart of my addition in my last reply, I actually forgot that they had fish looking floats as I've been debating getting the PP/MP for a few weeks, I do think that may be a little better (when I fish day maybe a bit more as I'm normally late night/early morning). Is the stuff on the PP/MP stabilizers? I kinda thought it was something that made it rattle more thus why I was leaning that direction as the current would make it rattle more thus a bigger difference. I have the blank floats as that's the only thing the stores around me carry and only at dicks.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I think the PP/MP would be better for current. The propeller makes alot of vibration and not much rattle. I'm sure some noise is made as everything is magnified underwater. I'm guessing the turbulence along with the smell of the bait works together. I'm sure adding a rattle inline to the top of the seeker would definitely help but if there's no current I'm not sure the propeller would work unless you drag from the bank.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Those triple threats are awesome hooks as well. They're basically an advanced version of the ones I like. I'll be definitely trying those triple threats as well.
I saw one of you other replays with that DD and it almost made me get one like that instead but I wanted to try out the triple threat hooks, I'm in Dayton Ohio so most cats up here are relatively small maybe if I get on the Ohio river but my biggest (not that I've actually be able to catch much ) is a 26 in channel and a 24 flat so not working with anything big probably going 8/0 or 6/0 for those(getting both so I can switch em out)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the PP/MP would be better for current. The propeller makes alot of vibration and not much rattle. I'm sure some noise is made as everything is magnified underwater. I'm guessing the turbulence along with the smell of the bait works together. I'm sure adding a rattle inline to the top of the seeker would definitely help but if there's no current I'm not sure the propeller would work unless you drag from the bank.
See that's what I was thinking to as I want to take as much advantage of the current as possible i figure the more advantages and the more noticeable I can get the better, I guess I could find a way to attach some sort of propeller to the chub to get some turbulence as it already rattles. I'll be buying something in the next hour or so hopefully, kind of weird that I'm now debating getting a chub but I guess they both have their advantages one would have more turbulence and because it already rattles it probably be pretty decent, however the chub would actually look like something that they typically eat. That said you only get one for the price of two pp/mp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts