Whipped bad!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Jan 27, 2010.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Santee whipped me, spit me out and whipped me again this week. Had everything set up to fish with Roundhill, but forgot to pay the weatherman. Man does that place get rough fast! Ron was great to meet. He would be a hoot to go out fishing with. Maybe later we can get the weather right.

I sat for 2 days and never launched the boat. Went to Arrowhead to launch in the river, but it was flooded and rolling hard. I'm not familiar with river fishing so I decided to pass until better conditions.

Finally got a pretty day today, wind was pretty much flat. I went to the deep water near the power plant, but only managed a 15 lb blue and a 12 lb channel. My buddies went in another boat but didn't hook up. The water was very churned up from 2 days of 2 +ft waves.

I came off the water at 2:30. I cut my finger pretty bad and couldn't stop the bleeding with pressure and elevation, even after 2 hours. I got back to the truck and put a makeshift pressure dressing on it and drove home. It could have used a couple of stitches but I have it closed up pretty good now. Being on 3 different blood thinners makes for some scarry bleeds.

To make things worse, my truck tire blew the whole sidewall out just as I crossed the canal. Dang spare was 1\2 flat but I made it to a station for some air. At least it was full sized.

OH well, next time.

Steve

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds like you had a rough time of it, Steve! Hopefully your next trip will be better.

Bill in SC

3. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    steve we will get togather one day in the future let me know its on the house for the three of you and it was great meeting you an your friends. the roundhill

4. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Steve sounds like you had a rough time of it!

Roundhill, you are a standup guy! You will be the first person I call this summer when I book my Santee trip.

5. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Ron is a true hillbilly gentleman. You can always tell someone from the hills, you just can't tell them much!
    I grew up and played in some of the same areas Ron is from. From trout streams around Bryson City to Almond's landing on Fontana out to Hanging Dog at Hiwasee Lake near Murphy. Home is where the heart is.

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Now tell me Roundhill ain't a gentleman! That's just one of the reasons we all enjoy his company. :kiss:

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Steve it looks as though i wasn't the only 1 with a tuff week. Good luck on your next trip.

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Not quite, Dean. I tried Moultrie yesterday, and only caught 2 small cats. :angry: Plenty of scattered bait, and marked fish, but just couldn't make them bite.

9. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Yeah,

I found the bait and marked lots of fish, just couldn't get bit. The ones I did catch I was vitually stopped with the baits in front of their mouths. I guess they were to lazy to move a foot to eat. Wanted breakfast in bed!

10. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    It has been that way for close to month. I went one day couple weeks ago got all excited at the number of fish arches and bait on sonar but 6 hours later I had not even managed to get hung up let alone a bite.
    Got three on Thursday last week and thought I had super day. Reports I been getting have been much the same. Hopefully it will get better soon. To many fronts, too much water flow, muddy water I could not even guess at cause but blues have the lockjaw.:fingers-crossed:
    have nice day

11. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    The fish are full of shad, and the cold temps have made the pretty lethargic,too. It'll get better if the water warms up a few degrees, I hope.

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I've always seemed to have trouble in Jan. I know fish have to eat but i guess the cold water shad kills
    keep them full. I guess i had my surgery in the right month. Haven't been able to wet a hook this past month so maybe Feb will be much better for me, last yr i did real good the 2nd month. Thanks for the reports, good and bad