While Waiting For The Bite?

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by Blacky, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    When you confined to the bank aka boatless, the bite is gonna always be too hot.

What are some things you guys do while waiting for the bite?

I've done things like build fires, drink beer, talk, catch crayfish, throw rocks, grill bait for food, and play with the bait.:party:

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I kill the time bullshitting,tying up some extra rigs,drinkin pop,thinking of the other spot I should have gone to!Ya can always throw out a rod for carp to keep ya busy in between bites!:wink:

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i usally fish a popular spot and its always trashy from liver containers pop bottles so i pile everything up that will burn to clean up the area a little bit but it does no good its all trashed up the next time i go there

4. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    I pass time by catching big bluegills on ultra-light, And at night its funny how voices carry across water, I eves drop on folks' conversations from across the lake...lol

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Clean out tackle box,walk bank area picking up trash putting in trash bag to take home.
    Sharpen knife or just plain ole kick back with tackle box for pillow and take a quick nap.

6. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I always take some worms to fish for blugill for fun/bait. When i've had enough of that i usaully clean the tackle bag out, burn trash, sit in my chair & have a snack.

7. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I usually just sit there, sometimes when the water is down I'll scavenge for hooks and sinkers that people lost. When a barge goes by thats a highlight, :cowboy: lot of entertainment in those.

8. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    usually just sit back and relax enjoy the time fishing like other posted here i do pick up trash look for lost tackle which i do find i think i'm getting better at that than fishing ..lol

9. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Usually talk to myself. Aside from that , I walk the immediate area looking for anything that piques my interest. Also may take a few pics , dependent upon fish caught , scenery , and weather.

10. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    i gave up picking up trash along time ago...i could pick up 1,000 pieces and next day it would be back, some people just dont care...ill go down about 15 ft and fish the bank with a carolina rig, i usually produce decent bass from time to time, as stated ill tie up rigs also..or take a nap with the clickers on, if its a clear night, i usually look to the stars, count a few an try to look for and name the constellations.(this is deff time consuming) or if im with a friend fishing ill bring a deck of cards and play go fish, :handshake: lol

11. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Me and my friends eat sandwhiches, chips, drink pop and beer and talk shit lol. If I'm by myself I surf the net on my phone, text or talk, or catch a nap. If I didnt have to carry so much crap I'd cast for some bass lol. If I'm at the local lake then I catch more bluegills, bass and crappie for bait or to eat

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :waiting:If its day light I may take a reel apart, then spend a couple of hours looking for a part I dropped, or at night I just try to find the hole in the hook so I can tie another knot, getting those night time backlashes out can keep me busy for a while too, other that that I just sit and think, I do some of my best thinking on the river bank. If I'm out for the weekend then cooking fills in for a distraction, and now that I'm older, a nap comes in handy.

13. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

I'm guilty too. But ever notice you can hear every word of a passing boat with a couple of guys talking. But when the bite aint good and i'm pulling all nighters I like to listen to my ipod ONLY using circles because I just watch the rods then, I dont wanna set any clickers on when listenin to music. Its also nice to have a friend fishing with yea or a random drunk can lighten up your boring night! But man everytime I go catfishing at night on the bank there always seems to be something behind me walking. Also I hear some screwed up noises across the river at night :freaked-out:

14. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I roam up and down the river bank with my sabiki rig and castnet in search of bait. I also listen to Cardinal baseball on the radio if they are playing. I also enjoy just watching the river and the action around the dam.

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    With an IPhone, now I can surf the web while waiting for the bite.

Watch Youtube videos, log on to the USCA, or buy stuff on ebay.:laugh1:

16. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I throw the cast net to try to get bait, Build fires, burn all the trash, organize tackle, Sit in my chair and relax and sit in my chair and relax somemore. I also sit in my chair and tie up leaders. Sometimes I use dip bait and keep myself busy with the eaters.

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    doze off and take a nap

18. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm almost all the time busy, sort of hyper and can't sit very long at a time. I pick up trash and haul it home, it's aways there ever time I go out but I keep picking it up anyway. Listen to music, chat if my partner is along and just stay busy doing something, and hoping and praying I'm gonna get some cats.

19. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I used to bring a star chart and look for constellations!

20. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like to walk along the banks just to see what I can find, sometimes I'll shine a light in the shallows along the bank to look for gar.