Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Catfish_Scooter, Aug 1, 2009.

Which of these have proven best for you?

1. Berkley Gulp! Carp Bait

2. Homeade Doughballs

3. Vanilla Carp Dough

4. Nightcrawlers

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Out of these.. which have you caught most of your carp on??:smile2:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't caught a carp on a pole before. But i did shoot one with a bow once.

3. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    can't say any of them put some canned corn on and hold on hit everytime

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have not been out just for Carp in many a moon but,, I always did well with Shredded Wheat dough balls. Flavored and unflavored.

Use the Big biscuits (3 to a pack) tote your favorite flavoring, and make the balls right on the bank. That way you can always have fresh bait in your pack/box even if you were not planning on Carping.

One biscuit will cover your hook several times, lay it on the water just till it sinks, pick it up, add flavoring if you wish, knead it like dough or a snowball, roll it up, and pinch what you need.

I like it just a little loose but keep working it and it will stiffen up to however you like. :big_smile:

5. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Used to make my own when I fished for them now I catch them every now and then on worms when river fishing and believe me they put up a fight in the current. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Aj,I voted homemade dough bait,But canned corn works much better and all ya gotta do is open the can.:cool2:

7. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i voted home made use to use wheaties and a little bread wet it and mix it up and pinch it off

8. oahegw

oahegw Member

State:
    So. Dakota
    Canned whole corn or garden worms work best for me.

9. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal

HEY BRO...BETTER DOUGH TOO FAST TIME.."FLOUR WITH MIX WATER AND WHITE CORN MEAT AND PEANUT BUTTER" NOT SOLF..ONLY LIL HARD WITH HOOK 12 SIZE OR 14 SIZE AND THEN CARP CAN SMELL BAIT AND FAST TIME ABT 5 MINS OT 15 MINS THAT ALL...U CAN LOOK AT ME PIC 2AND 2 VIDEO TOO THAT ALL

10. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    nightcrawlers are what i catch most of my carp on rod and reel with,, but an arrow takes the most carp for me, then the carp gets cut up for bait

11. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal

YEA I HAVE BOWFISHING FROM CARP SO WHILE FROM BIG BEAR LAKE FOR 6 YRS NOW THAT WHY...THEY PEOPLES ASK ME ABT WHERE GET FROM BOWFISHING AND THEN I SAID OHH THAT BOWFISHING WHERE STORE NAME "BASS PRO SHOP" AND THEN THEY SAID OHH THANK TO ME THAT ALL

12. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    corn with anise scent. If I use nightcrawlers I get other fish.

13. Northstar

Northstar New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Not real sure about the bait selections. I prefer to stick an arrow in my bugle mouth bass.

14. mdavis

mdavis New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Some of the best fishing out there is flying for Carp. I fly fish for them and you talk about a thrill!! I don't understand how carp have gotten such a bad rap. Pound for pound they are one of the strongest fighting fresh water fish in my book.

15. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Homemade dough all the way for me.Loke to keep changing up the flavors.Seem like they get turned off on any one flavor after you,ve fished it for a good while.:wink:

16. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep id say them and flats are side by side.:wink:

17. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    My own made home made bait has always been the best for me. Tried others not much luck.

18. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    aj you do know will eat cormn also and they sweet taste stuff also :wink:

19. VTR

VTR New Member

State:
    Texas
    I make my own....crushed wheaties,big red(creme soda) vanilla and a little flour..get it to the right texture..ball it up on a #6 hook and hang on!!

VTR
    Mike

20. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with many others on here. Corn is one of the best simple baits there is, Berkely Gulp is worthless IMO. I lean towards flavored maize as my go to bait. However, it is always fished with pack or method. In fact, on Saturday betweem 3 people we had 40 carp, with 4 over 18 and 4 between 17 and 18lbs. My bait- corn method with pineapple jello flavor and pinapple maize and also grits pack on the other rod. Using the method I had one hit right after I set the rod on the pod and clicked the baitrunner on.