Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
well, im mainly a flathead guy, but have also fished for channels for years also.. Never caught a blue nor tried. Going to make a trip the first of March to the James River to try to change that. After that, hopefully I can call myself a multi-cat angler!!!! lol...rollo

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
in the early spring i fish for channels but as the water warms up i go for flaties dont get me wrong if the weather is right i fish for anything that will bite ha ha :wink:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Al,
Here fishing the Ohio River in the Marland pool, we are fortunate to have an abundance of all three species. I mainly target blues and flats, however usually catch several channels too. rspd507

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I primarily go after the blues. Although I would really like to learn how to target the flatheads, that way I could be a *well-rounded* catterman!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
80 percent of the cats I catch are blues, they outnumber flats and channels in the places I fish most. All 3 species are here, and it's not uncommon to catch all 3 during the same trip. I'm definitely a blue cat man though, every big cat I've caught over about 32 lbs. was a blue.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.