·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like to fish for
Flatties
Blues
Channel
I have fished for all of them but I like to fish for the Blue cat most.

:big_smile:

·
Registered
9,715 Posts
Not many Blues around here to target for. I mainly target Flatties and if I'm after eaters I go for channels.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
well, im mainly a flathead guy, but have also fished for channels for years also.. Never caught a blue nor tried. Going to make a trip the first of March to the James River to try to change that. After that, hopefully I can call myself a multi-cat angler!!!! lol...rollo

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
in the early spring i fish for channels but as the water warms up i go for flaties dont get me wrong if the weather is right i fish for anything that will bite ha ha :wink:

·
Registered
913 Posts
well, im mainly a flathead guy, but have also fished for channels for years also.. Never caught a blue nor tried. Going to make a trip the first of March to the James River to try to change that. After that, hopefully I can call myself a multi-cat angler!!!! lol...rollo
you will love james river:cool2:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Al,
Here fishing the Ohio River in the Marland pool, we are fortunate to have an abundance of all three species. I mainly target blues and flats, however usually catch several channels too. rspd507

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I would love to fish for some blue cats! As you can tell from the name though, Im on the look out for the big flats!

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I primarily go after the blues. Although I would really like to learn how to target the flatheads, that way I could be a *well-rounded* catterman!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
80 percent of the cats I catch are blues, they outnumber flats and channels in the places I fish most. All 3 species are here, and it's not uncommon to catch all 3 during the same trip. I'm definitely a blue cat man though, every big cat I've caught over about 32 lbs. was a blue.

·
Banned
10,343 Posts
I'm exclusively FLATHEADS.

I do enjoy some fast action chanels.

Would love someday to tangle with a monster Blue!

·
Registered
215 Posts
i fish mostly lakes hit the river a couple times a year but i go for channels and blues flats if there out there but mostly channels

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
My A # 1 Catfish for 55 years has been our 6-10 inch Bullheads out of our black water rivers,creeks and branches.They are de -lish-us and fun to catch on lite tackle.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

1 - 20 of 47 Posts