Which should I put on which ???

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by jailcop2, Aug 5, 2006.

1. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have an 8ft ugly cat and an 8 ft glow stick ,an okuma classic reel and a zebco 888 pro staff reel . What combo's should I make out of these itenms .
    Thanks
    Brian

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'd put the okuma on the glowstick probably that rod is stiff all the way through. I'd put the zebco on the ugly stik. I bet Abu's on both would be really nice.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    What size Okuma reel?What are the line ratings on your rods?Normally you should should match your rods to your line and reels by the manufactures rating on the rods and reels.Also drag settings.When you do not,you can not expect them to be balanced or perform as they were designed to.Many people choose to ignore these recommendations for many reasons.The ones that I have been familiar with over the years always seem to have a lot of "Gear failure"and seem to be buying a lot more equipment to replace the damaged.I always got a lot of use out of most of mine,but I normally follow the manufactures instructions.When I chose to ignore the instructions,to target a situation,I do so as carefully as I can and do not blame the equipment for my abuse.Most of the equipment failures that I have personally seen were due to abuse.Not all,but most.peewee-williams