Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a few rod's to go with my new abu blue cats 6500.....i want something that will last....i already own 2 surf rods....and need an all around rod.....8-10 feet... and med-heavy action....any suggestions...

berk?
Catfish Safari?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a couple of Ugly Cat rods that I like alot. I also knwo a guy here in town that absolutely swears by the Catmaxx rods from BPS. I have heard many, many good things about them but do not personally own one.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I LIKE THE UGLY STIK ON MY 65'S:smile2: I HAVE THREE AND HAVE NOT HAD ANY TROUBLE OUT OF THEM. THE UGLY IS THE # ONE SELLING RODS IN A ROD REPORT I READ

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Berkley has a glow stick rod there good rods for catfishing, I havent heard anything bad from these rods only good things, im going out and going to get me a few this next week, and Zepco also makes good cat rods I have a couple 7-33 Cat Rods and they do good.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Berkley has a glow stick rod there good rods for catfishing, I havent heard anything bad from these rods only good things, im going out and going to get me a few this next week, and Zepco also makes good cat rods I have a couple 7-33 Cat Rods and they do good.
Your gonna love those glow sticks. Its about all I use and the price is hard to beat! were running all 8'mh. I know some fellas don't care for two piece rods but so far it hasn't affected our fishing at all. We have had two hard years on them and they are still holding up great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.