Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at buying some rod holders. something that does not cost a fortune but still is reliable and gets the job done. thinking of mounting them to side rails of the boat that you can still move and adjust on the rail. the driftmasters dont look too bad. any input is appreciated. josh

· Registered
2,137 Posts
I have to second the MRH's they are the best I have seen and used. They are beyond tough and its nice to know they are made by a Catman. They will however sometimes take way from your fishing time, due to all the questions others have for you when they see them on your boat at the ramp or at a stop light.

· Registered
8,123 Posts
I have Driftmasters on my boat but that was before Steve started selling his. The Monsters are a little easier on the pocket book. Both are good in my opinion.

· Registered
343 Posts
Josh, make sure the rod holders are attached to something very secure. I would hate to hook up with a huge fish, and have it rip the rod AND holder off my boat! As far as being able to move the holders; you can buy several of the mounts that attach the holder to the boat and place them at stategic places, and then move the holders to where you need them for that day. (I'm saying - buy more mounts than holders.)

· Registered
604 Posts
i have to say drifmasters all they way. im sure the monsters are built well too but i know they the drifmasters will take years of abuse plus they arent red. unless you have a red boat i dont think red rod holders are gonna look good solid black wins the looks

· Registered
4,408 Posts
I have 14 Driftmaster Duo Pro's on my SeaArk.....5 down each side, and 4 across the back on the bar. They have never failed me one bit. I can set the rod up for anchor fishing or lay them flat if I want too to let them run with clickers.
I am old school, so Driftmaster gets my vote as well as a lot of my friends around here who use them.
I had 3/8" lil flatliners, but upgraded to the 1/2" duo pro's.
Just look around and make your decision that you'll be happy with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.