Which prop is right for my 25 Lb thrust Trolling motor

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by thudpucker, Jul 20, 2009.

1. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Awrite for my Barn!!!!
    I found enough parts n' pieces in my Barn to make this thing work. If you have a big Barn and NEVER throw anything away, you'll have what you need if you look long enough and stir up enough stuff!

I found some stainless Cotter pin, some stainless to make shear pins with, and two props.
    Both fit. I've never seen one of these motors in action so I don't know which prop. Here's a slide show. Look and tell me if one prop or the other is right, or if I have to do something different yet?
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/groaner/?action=view&current=3095aa70.pbw][​IMG][/URL]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    nothing happened. no slide show for me. :sad2:
    gary

3. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    Wouldn work for me tonite either.
    I tried to put the other photos in and that wont work.
    Server must be down for the night. Maybe tomorrow.
    Thanks for trying to help anyway.
    Dang, all of a sudden there they all show up.

Attached Files:

4. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    the smaller metel one is for the older 25# motor, I think if you ran the larger minn kota one it will overheat the 12v motor and burn it up. a 12v trooling motor WILL NOT over spinn itself, but a large prop will underspin and heat up

5. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    Thanks, I'll start with the smaller one and go shopping for another 'gear'. I have another huge Dropdown in my Barn.
    Maybe this bigger prop will fit it?

I may make a I/O for my little crappie boat out of that bigger motor and just use two batteries instead of fooling with Gasoline.