which one ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by russ, Nov 25, 2007.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    which one of the dept finders, i found a place that sells the 997c si with gps & the other toys that comes with it, or he has the 997c si combo with the hot mapps in it plus all the toys. i gess what i need to know is how much would the mapps be used if i have them. theres about 150 dollars diff. in the two. but he has the best price ive sceen on ethier one of the two. i have only used a side scan one time, but i loved it. makes all the old finders look like a rock & string. lol i know that alot of you guys have them, just looking for a little feed back on why or why not thx for any info. rusty

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Russ, if you fish alot of other body's of water like the Ohio, and various area lakes like LOZ, Mark Twain, etc etc, then the extra data bases might come in pretty handy. If you only fish the Missouri, or Mississippi Ive found the extra money for databases goes largely unused. You cant beat those data bases for fishing out of state lakes and rivers though.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    While I'm thinking about it, who has the best deal right now on the 10 inch side imaging unit with the extra data bases? I'm going to be picking one up in February. Thx for the info.

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    If you're getting the 997, it has 2 slots for the SD cards I believe. (confirm that before you make your decision if it matters to ya) So you could buy the maps at a later date if you decided you needed them. And you'd still have an extra slot open to save images, waypoints, tracks, and recordings.
    I have the 797, and it only has one SD card slot. So I bought the unit with the maps preloaded, to save the SD card slot for saving images and what not.
    I do know that it's cheaper to buy the maps preloaded, vs. buying them separately later on down the road.
    I love the SI. It sure is a whole lot clearer when trying to decide what that big blob is on a traditional sonar.
    I'm still learning how to use it to the fullest, but I sure am loving it so far.
    Let me know if I can help you out.

Dan

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I've purchased a ton of stuff through deep blue electronics. On my LCX Lowrance unit, they were the lowest by almost 300 bucks. I'll check them for the Humminbird also.

6. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    thx for the reply cuz, i know you have been working on your boat, have you been looking at these 997 si finders, if so what kind of price have you seen. it seems the two 997si that i looked at was at the lowest price ive seen, the 997si without the mapps was 1875.50 plus a mail in cash rebate, the other 997si with all the toys was 2049.96 plus a mail in cash rebate. i thought these things were around 2400.00 ive just started to get info. & prices. for that much $ i want to get all the info. before i buy one.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Your seeing the same prices that I am. Anywhere between 1850 and 2400. I'm betting I'll be able to find it for 2000 with all the goodies. At least thats my mission :wink:

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    cuz il have to go back & look to see the size of the screen, i think they were 8 inch, not for sure.

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    There is supposed to be a new one over the 997 that coming out. It's supposed to have a larger screen then it.

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats the one I'm hoping to find by waiting until February. :wink:

11. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    May as well wait for the 1100's to come out soon. May be worth the wait?

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    thats what I am waiting on Paul. I'm hoping they will be available to the masses by February. Might come in handy down there in Henderson for the Classic. :wink:

13. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    think il buy one for my wife for x-mass, when shes sittin there with that funny look on her face, il tell her i thought it was one of those tom toms for her car. maybe not , it might not work that well where she would mount it:crazy:

14. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Cuz,

If you get one, we need the full low down.

From what I see, one of the coolest, although unpractical, is the video output.

If you have available power, you could run a 27" LCD monitor, one heck of a screen :smile2:

15. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm going to have one HECK of a time convincing Mrs Cuz that a 27 inch LCD is a worthy investment for my tournament habit :smile2:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
  17. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    lol 27 inch screen if you found some fish in the tourney e1 would be over there.:smile2: that might work put a old card in it & rent it out on tourney days.

18. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    the price on the 997s might come down after the new ones hit the market. gees the things we have to do just to get a catfish these days. i think that old phone that my grandfather had was one of the best fish finders that was ever made:smile2:

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    No, No, No, the new model is the 1197. Does darryl1 have to reach in his magic bag again? I have a link somewhere. It is a bad MoFo.

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dig deep into your majic bag Mr Darryl. I cant find any information at all on Humminbirds 1100 series finders including the 1197. Please share your wisdom. I'm dying to see this thing. :wink: