which one x-510c or x-135

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by katcatchingfool, Jun 11, 2008.

1. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have went back and looked at numerous post and i can not decide which unit i want to purchase. It seems some people would give up watts for color and some wouldn't. Does anybody have any experiences with the x-510c? How do you like it? What don't you like about it? I don't know if i want to give up the 4000 watts.

2. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    X510C Sonar Fishfinder

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • High-performance 200 kHz Skimmer® transducer with built-in temperature sensor
    • Lowrance radar compatible
    • LowranceNET® networking (NMEA 2000® certification pending)
    • Ethernet expansion port compatible for radar and satellite radio
    Total sonar performance and brilliant display come together in one of the most colorful and affordable fishfinders ever innovated by Lowrance. Providing 2400W of peak sonar power at 200 kHz frequency and radar compatibility, all displayed on a 5", 480 x 480 high-res TFT display.

X135 Sonar Fishfinder

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    • Film SuperTwist display with 16 level gray scale
    • 200 kHz Skimmer® transducer with temperature sensor
    • Enhanced receiver for shallow/deep water sonar performance
    • LowranceNET® networking (NMEA 2000® certification pending)
    Powerful 480 x 480 pixel LCD sonar with more fish-finding performance features - including temp - for less!

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Jason, I had a LMS-440M on one of my boats, and it was basically the same as the X135, but with GPS, 480X480, which it was a great unit. Now I have the LCX27C, and the color is the way to go. I'm not sure how many watts you need, but being that you aren't fishing in saltwater, you wouldn't need one with a whole crapload of wattage, in my opinion. But if it were me, I'd get the color unit. I don't see how I fished without one all those years.:wink:

4. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    color is definatly the way to go!!!

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I had to make that same choice several months ago and debated the same issue. I went with the X135 and all I can say is that I love it! My LMS-240 went out on me and it had 2400 watts. I can tell you there is a great improvement on detail with the 4000 watt X135. Good luck with your decision!

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    If it were me, I'd go with the Full Color Unit. Yep 4000 watts of power is impressive, but only necessary fishing the ocean in 300 feet of water. For fishing on the Mississippi River 4000 watts is overkill and never utilized. This is evidenced by having to tweak the sensitivity and clarity WAY down so as not to pick up all the clutter on our river I have to run my unit at 67 percent or its a wash out.

I like the full color 510. The Color finder will help you isolate catfish from Asians too. :wink:

7. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    Thanks guys i appriciate all the coments.