Which one would you pick?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jlingle, Apr 24, 2006.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I'm going catfishing on a guided trip next weekend. Would you pick Lake Lewisville or Cedar Creek? I've only fished Lewisville, and never even laid eyes on Cedar Creek. If any of you guys could give me some pointers, I'd sure appreciate it.

Jerrod

2. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jerrod,

When I lived in Plano I met up with a guy from the BOC that fished Cedar Creek. He would often send me pictures of 20 and 30 pound cats. And from what I know about Lewisville is that it is a highly recreational lake meaning lots of skiiers,swimmers, etc. I went on Cedar Creek with this fella once and didn't see a soul!! Guess I would have to recommend Cedar Creek. And from what I can remember he went to a power plant, or some structure that was producing warm water.
    Hope that helps!!

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    My self I would choose Cedar Creek. Less boat traffic (most of the time).
    However, since it's a guided trip ??????
    Is the same guide asking you which lake you want to fish ? Or do you have two different guides to pick from ?
    Read the fishing reports for both lakes and the water temp. from both lakes.
    Ask the guide which lake he has the best luck from.
    I may be wrong here, but I think C.C. has more structure to fish.
    Good luck and come back here and tell us about it.

4. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Ceder Creek for sure if you are after cats!
    The Mrs. and I when out there a few weeks ago and caught 50 to 60 fish. Most of them where small, but we did get 19 that where in the 2-3lb. range. Mighty good eats!

5. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    well, we hit Cedar Creek saturday after the rains. We slaughtered the catfish. We caught 72, and lost who knows how many more. The fish were way shallow. They were so shallow that we were losing them as they were getting hung up in grass and weeds. It was unreal.

On a side note, I fished with Jackie from northtexas catfish guide service. I know some of you fellas have to know him. He's a terrific guy, and man does he know how to catch the fish. We had more fun that I could've imagined. All the fish were from 1-6 pounds, and there were times that we could only fish with one pole apiece, because they were biting so fast. It was really a lot of fun, and Jackie made it that way. Having him for a guide was just like fishing with "one of the guys" back home. Lots of good natured ribbing, and lots of trash talk. We had a blast, got sunburned, and everybody went home iwth a couple of big ol' bags of fish. Fun fun fun fun fun. I can't wait to go back this winter and hit the big blues with him again. I learned a lot from him while I was there also. I really don't consider myself a rookie when it comes to catfishing, but compared to that guy..... I don't know diddly squat. He's REAL good.

Anyhoooo that's my fishing report.

Jerrod