Which One To Get, Fishing Rod?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by HARVRAD2003, Mar 12, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    O.K. it's either a TIGER which cost 60.00 to 65.00, 10' Ugly Stick 2 piece from Catfish Connection for 47.00 or Quantum Big Cat for 47.00. I want all 3 but can't afford all 3 at the moment, don't have a 10' in baitcasting---don't have a Big Cat/ however heard allot of good reviews----love my TIGERS which I have. I'll make my decision hopefully today, I feel so confused.

2. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    you cant go wrong with the tiger

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    The Tiger has my Vote!!! These are great rods and will serve you well!

4. bill_gfish

bill_gfish New Member

State:
    st. marys, oh
    they say the Jim Moyer rods are great. Only 7'6" though if needed to cast far. Catfish connection has them in the 60's. Just another one to confuse ya.

5. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Tiger also for me!

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Catfish Connection has the Quantum Big Cat M/H and Heavy actions for $37.00 listed under Zebco Rods..hard to beat that price.;)

7. redhawknc1

redhawknc1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Where would someone find the "Tiger" Rod for sale at a decent price? Need something for 3 ABU 7000's reels. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Wayne

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would go with the tiger, then the quantum bigcat.

Alot of people confuse the ugly stik tiger which sells for 50-60 bucks, for the shakespere tiger that walmart has for 15-20 bucks, no comparision.

9. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    I have one of the cheap ones from wally for 20.00 or so and i have my most luck with it and the biggest fish... never had any trouble with it so far... bass, cats, turtles, bluegills, ect... i run 25# line on it and i have Payl**** with it plenty times, river fished, lakes, ponds, creeks, everythink so they arent bad for cheap o's i like that pole better than my other Big cat poles just cause of the durability....:p

10. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    Abu 6500c/Ugly Stick Tiger 2200
    Abu 7000c/Ugly Stick Tiger 2100 - One of my two favorites for flatheads
    Penn 310GTI/Quantum Big Cat - My other favorite flathead rig

Get what feels good to you, seems to me that any of your choices would work.

11. redhawknc1

redhawknc1 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, now I know it is the Ugly Stik Tiger rod, I'll start looking for one.

12. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    The tiger is the best!!!

13. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Just got back from BASS PRO here in ST. LOUIS area a few minutes ago and got the last of my reels today. I now have 2-7000C3's and 2-PENN 320 GT2's: I feel like a happy camper now and fulfilled hopefully until my anniversary when my wife hopefully gets me a nice brand new 6500c3. I didn't buy a rod however I gave up on the two piece rod do to my wrist being messed up, don't know whats wrong with them I only have about 1/3 to 1/4 strength in my right wrist and about 1/2 strength in my left wrist, tried to disconnect one of the two piece at BASS PRO and I didn't have the strength to do it. Now I did see a rod I liked for 35.00 it was a Ugly Stick 6' 6" Heavy / 20-50 lb. test MUSKIE rod, but I didn't buy it cause I'm not sure on the backbone, has anyone any knowledge on these rods----but for the price I'm kind of thinking it might be a good rod for bank or boat fishing in the river.

14. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    You might give this a try. Hold the rod behind your knees, give it a little twist while while spreading your knees open and pulling it apart. Makes it easier for me and keeps the rod straight while doing it.

15. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    I PREFER THE UGLY STIK BUT IT'S UP TO YOU:cool:

16. gocatin18

gocatin18 New Member

State:
    Utah
    Ya its all about the ugly stik tiger. I have 4 of them. They are really hard to find where I live but I get mine from the internet and order them from www.cabelas.com if u want to find one go there.

17. gocatin18

gocatin18 New Member

State:
    Utah
    Yeah Uglystiks are really nice rods and they do have a good backbone to em. If you have any more questions bout uglystiks feel free to ask.:) And they are good for bank or boat fishin I use mine on the bank and in the boat and they work great!

18. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I have an 8' St. Croix and a Quantum Big Cat. I like the Big Cat much better than the St. Croix. I've only owned one other rod that I liked as much, and it was a much lighter weight rod.