Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got to wonderin'. If you have pets, which ones listen to YOU, and which ones don't?

The mistress or the master? All of mine DO listen to me, but I'm prone to take a rather obligatory tone. I guess that's why KIDS heeded what I had to say, once upon a time.

If your pets DO listen to you, why? And if they do not, why not, in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
My blue heeler listens to me.... cause hes a good dog... quiet and loves gettin attention. I dont hafta speak harsh to him, makin eye contact and just speakin to him stern does the job.....now hershells beagles are another thing.. i never had much to do with hands on raising them cause i dont want any personal attachment so they dont listen to me at all.

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you DO that, Les? Any animals on my property listen.......how do you NOT deal with the beagles?

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Because I refuse to, Sis. Im not mean to them if they come up to me I'll pet them for a minute but when it comes to giving them daily attention and feeding and such... they are HIS dogs, hes raising them as rabbit hunting pack, too much personal attention by anyone other than the handler can ruin them for hunting purposes. AND, when/if he decides to sell/trade a dog, I dont want to have any emotional attachment to it.

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. I guess that's why my dad's beagles were just pets. He never cared much about hunting, although I do see how beagles are good for that.

·
Registered
765 Posts
All 6 of our dogs listen very well. especially my old dog Jack. he is part brittny spanel and part yellow lab. He is an amazing dog. And I think he listens so well because he so smart ,and we have a such a strong bound. He is loyal and well mannered. except he dose have a tendency to get up in my lap look me in the eye and brups in my face, the disgusting old bum. The rat is only interested in what he can steel out of my pockets. An I think the cat must be a teeager becuse he just give me attitude and looks at me like i'm stupid.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
My new PitBull listens to me. We established early that if she don't I will suck her eyes out of her head. LOL!

·
Banned
8,592 Posts
As long as I have a Brightleaf in my hand that little bastard will do anything I tell him.

·
Registered
765 Posts
All 6 of our dogs listen very well. especially my old dog Jack. he is part brittny spanel and part yellow lab. He is an amazing dog. And I think he listens so well because he so smart ,and we have a such a strong bound. He is loyal and well mannered. except he dose have a tendency to get up in my lap look me in the eye and brups in my face, the disgusting old bum. The rat is only interested in what he can steel out of my pockets. An I think the cat must be a teeager becuse he just give me attitude and looks at me like i'm stupid.
My be my cat is right teeager should be teenager

·
Registered
14,583 Posts
I have two pets. The Chi-wa-wa (sp) has always been obedient and seems to understand. The best dog I have ever had. the second pet is the wife, and she want pay any attention to my commands.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sugar is completely deaf and almost blind from old age. She does whatever she pleases.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a pet African-Grey and she's 50/50 on the listening and giving orders. She can be moody so, with three ladies in the house, it's just the norm. LOL! She loves taters, beans, cabbage, chicken legs, fruit, etc. It's almost like having a dog that talks.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
All of mine listen the majority of the time, except for my white deaf cat, with one blue eye and one yellow eye. I still find myself talking to him........his name is Forrest Gump, we call him Gumpy.

G

·
i never have to say anything to my dog's ... They just kinda roam around and do there own thing i guess...

I let them out side with no leash and i live in the city and they wont leave the yard (no fence)and also wont let no one in the yard.

the bullmastiff only gets a bath when he stinks lol 1x a month
Now the lil dog ive got no ideal what he is but he likes his baths 2x a week or more.

He will go to the bath room and jump up and down on the side of the bath tub. He's the size of a 20oz heinz ketchup bottle for real.. so it takes 5 mins tops lol.

I just top the food off daily and they eat here and there when ever they want .Some times the only thing that makes me mad is the bullmasiff will sneak in the bathroom at night and drink out of the toilet even when his water bowl is full .. i think its due to the toilet bowl water is colder .And also when he sleeps he snors sooo loud its like sleeping in a room with a hog ... but i lovem to death.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts