Which Okuma Spinning Reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by river_rat_42, Jan 29, 2006.

1. river_rat_42

river_rat_42 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im gettin a new M/H Power Plus Trophy Class rod soon and Im looking for the best SPINNING reel I can find to put on it. I've heard these Okuma spinning reels are really nice. So which type(size) of Okuma reel do yall think would go best on that rod I'm gettin. THANXXX

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would go with the Okuma Epixor EB 65
    Or the Okuma Coranado cd 65.both are plenty big enough and have the baitfeeder system..They quit makeing the coridda, wichI have 3 of in the 65 size, they were only 39 bucks but are excellent reels and have the baitfeeder...

Dont get me wrong the 80 series in the above reels is a great, but it is a huge reel.

Catfish connection has good prices on these reels

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now if you want to step a little, I would reccomend the shimano baitrunner 4500B, OR 6500B I think they are a tad better than the okumas but cost about 25 bucks more, so they sell for around 110 bucks...you wont go wrong with any on these reels.Okumas or shimanos.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    The Coronado DC-90 is huge and well worth the money. I have two Corrida's and two Coronado's and the Coronado is a stronger reel in my opinion. I wouldn't mind having a Epixor EB of some size because of the bearing count.

Like flathunter said both Okuma and Shamino are great reels.

5. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I would go with one of the Epixor baitrunner reels or the Coronado baitrunner. I don't like the Shimano baitrunners and I don't think they are worth the money. If you don't want a baitrunning reel, I would go with the regular Epixor. Great reel for the money, in my opinion.