Which NBA team is your favorite? Why?

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 24, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Alright guys, the NFL season is coming to a close and we all know that now the NBA will get most of the attention. I want to get the low down on your guys' favorite teams and your picks on who you think will be the NBA Champions at the end of the season! My team is the Indiana Pacers! They just need to figure out what to do with Ron Artest...Let's hear your teams!!

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I'd have to pick the PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Sorry, Ryan.:p

Seriously, basketball is fun to watch, but like football, I don't really follow it. Whatever is on, I guess.:)

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been a die hard Laker fan for 25 years, I starting watching the lakers when Jerry West played for them...How about Kobes 81 points!

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Thanks Jen for the your Steelers.lol:) I'm with you on that point Flathunter! Kobe had an amazing performance!!

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Cmon Jim you aren't helping us solve the overweight problem in this country.How about you would rather watch the Chicago Bears cheerleaders mud wrestle.OK Ryan I'm going to have to confess but I have always been a Boston Celtic fan.I keep hoping that they will return to their former glory but like the Boston Red Sox fans (which I am NOT) I may be doomed to wait for 86 years.I think the frontline of Bird ,Parrish and McHale may have been the best ever with no appologies or disrespect to Kareem,Worthy and who ever else the Lakers put out there.

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Well my favorite teams have always varied based on who is playing for them. I loved the Bulls for a long time, because watching Micheal jordan play was awsome, more recently my favorite player to watch is kobe, he does amazing things around the basket.

I have always shyed away form the NBA until playoffs, but ever year in the playoffs i never miss a game.

7. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    My favorite would be the Suns I like their style of run and gun. They dont play much defense but when you put up as many shots and points as they do it doesnt matter. I just cant stand watching the D..R..A..G..G..I..N..G style of the half court game. As for my picks. at this point in the East I would have to go with the Pistons they seem to be playing outstanding ball. As for the West it is a crap shoot. When the Suns get Stoudemire back I am sure he will have a impact not sure how much since he has been out so long. Also could be San Antionio or Dallas and you can never count out Memphis.

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Ahh!! The Suns! With Amare Stoudamire, Steve Nash, and The Matrix "Shaun Marion", the fastest team in the NBA in my eyes! Steve Nash is something else! He doesn't even look like a basketball player, but he's a great lane runner and a heck of an assist man! The Suns are a dangerous team!!

9. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Like Centralcalcat said, don't pay much attention until playoff time, but I've got to support my local team out of Memphis,Tenn. Pretty darn good team with no high profile names on the roster and they don't get alot of pub like the popular teams do. They play good team ball ,so look out for them in the playoffs this year!

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I usually like to follow former UK wildcats player. Right now I like the Pistons with Tayshaun Prince and the Heat with Antoine Walker and Gerald Fitch. But cant forget about Nazr that helped win the championship with the Spurs.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Really do not have a favorite teams now. I have teams that I follow though. I follow the Lakers, Clippers, and Heat mostly.

12. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    The T-Wolves all the way. I think KG is one of the best players the NBA has to offer both on and off the field. HIs committment to both his team and the city around him is purely genuine.

Getting rid of Wally was a GREAT move, even though I liked him. When the chemistry between two good players isn't there, its time to make a change. Its not so bad when they are winning, but watch out when they're not! The Wally move has freed up some much needed room for the T-Wolves to make a few moves and hopefully in the next year or two they will return to prominence once again.