Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Berkley Big Game blaze orange respond to black light? I really like there solar green but can’t find it in 50 or 60lb test. Does Ande hi viz yellow glow?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I really like the Big Game in green and in blue. I bought some of the glow tape at a craft shop and wrapped the ends of the rods. I used that for years.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Big game solar collector is my favorite ,stren fluorescent blue glows great,big game orange is good.green seems to glow better than orange in my experience.i like all my rod setup with different color lines so i can see and untangle rods easier if a fish runs across the lines when hooked.i have a 4ft blacklight led strip on the back of my rod rack and all lines i mentioned look like 8 gauge speaker wire glowing at night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the Berkley Big Game blaze orange respond to black light? I really like there solar green but can’t find it in 50 or 60lb test. Does Ande hi viz yellow glow?
Slime line "High Viz Green" looks like a lighting bolt under black light. I buy it by the 1 lbs spool from catch the fever rod company. This spool will load 10+ ABU 6500 C4s

·
Registered
Bill, in OkC
615 Posts
On my darker colored rods: black, blue, one that’s kind of butterscotch colored, I wrap maybe 2” - 3” at the tip of the rod with HiVis green or yellow mono, using a sort of “hang-knot”. Shows up really well in low light, so I would imagine with a black light it would look like there’s a light at the tip of the rod.

Reactions: SteveMcK
1 - 9 of 9 Posts