Which line is best?

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Smuggo, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    During the holiday season I picked up several differant brands of line. Rate these lines that you feel is the best of the three. I usually take 6 rods and have my favorites (Mostly Abus) that I want spooled with the best line.

1-30 lb Suffix Elite Hi-Vis yellow....Heard that Suffix is a good line but have never tried it. VERY yellow

2-25 lb Cajun Advantage...Used lighter Cajun before and was happy with its performance. Do the heavier tests have much memory?

3-30 lb Stren High Impact. I'm a Stren fan and like the original Stren-Blue...never used high impact. Same questions on the Cajun with memory.

Thanks in advance

2. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Personally I would try to trade them all for a roll of PowerPro:smile2:but if I couldn't I would probably go with the Stren

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You will get a lot of different opinions on this question. Of those you have listed, I would choose the Suffix, Cajun Red, and throw the stren away. I personally like the berkley Big game.

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    SUFFIX FOR SURE. IT GOT A GREAT RATING IN THE IN-FISHERMAN CATFISH GUIDE 2007 OR MAYBE 2008... NOT SURE ISTILL READ THE 2004 GUIDE LOL!!
    I USE SUFFIX , POWER PRO, BERKLEY GORRILA.

GOOD FISHING

5. Fellman

Fellman New Member

State:
    Philly MYK
    I am a huge fan of sufix line. The only thing is that I would use the superior instead of the elite. All have the same diamater from the specs sheet but more abraison resistants and doesn't strech as much.

6. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Out of the three I would go with the Suffix but my personal preference is one that you didn't list and that's Berkley Big Game.

7. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I got a real good deal on a roll(9440yds) of the Suffix superior HI-VI 25lb. it's extremely good line. Cast better then Cajun red and big game of equal pound ratings. The strength of it is unbelievable. I tried the Cajun, maybe not long enough. But big game I've used for years, still a great line, I still use for my leaders. If you get a chance to spool one of your reels with the suffix superior, give it a shot, you won't believe how good this line is!

8. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE

I 2nd this, My number one line of choice is Berkley Big Game with Suffix as a close second.

J

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I personally have to agree with Mickey on this one. I would trade all of them for the Berkley Big Game line. The BBG line seems to have very low memory compared to some others and holds up very well. rspd507

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Nope nope nope.Go with the cajun,i find it stronger then the ones you posted.The only thing the others are going to do is lighten your wallet.:wink:

11. mfclark

mfclark Member

State:
    Texas
    Ande for me , holds more world records than all put together.

12. Parasite

Parasite New Member

State:
    N.Colorado
    I like the suffix low vis green the best, then power pro (moss color). My favorite mono is Cajun and Trilene Maxx. I hate stren more than cauliflower and the costumer service at bass pro. I think stren stands for stretch. You wonder why Bill Dance has to break his back on that chair to set the hook all the time. Throw the stren in the trash.

13. BROWNING7MMMAG

BROWNING7MMMAG New Member

State:
    VIRGINIA
    the only thing i fish with is hi impact 30

14. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Like Mickey said you will get a lot of opinions. Of the three listed Sufix followed by the Stren and the Cajun. The Cajun in my eyes has a lot of memory. It is strong but the memory problems overwhelms the other problem. This is just my two cents you might have your own favorite though.

PS Thats Sufix Seige the Elite while good line isnt as abrasion resistan as the Seige. The Seige seems to hold knots better than the Elite....The Elite is made for casting distance.

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    This site and especially this subject has a lot of opinions so I'll give you one more:smile2:. Of the three you have on your list suffix is the only one I would consider. A lot of people swear by the cajun line but the one time my cousin tried it he swore at it:eek:oooh: and real good:smile2:. He will never try it again. I have switched to 65 lb. power pro and really like it. But if you are determined to stay with mono premium salt water ande is hard to beat. It has lower memory than the three you mentioned it is very abrasion resistant and ties strong knots. I still use 50 lb. ande for leaders and run 30 lb. ande on some of my 6000 and 6500 reels and 40 lb. ande on the 7000 and 9000 reels. Bottom line get what YOU like and what YOU have confidence in.

16. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    i have used the cajun line with fair results, but i don't like it that well. for me it has way to much memory in it. the best line i've used is berkely big game for catfishing.. i also prefer berkely fireline for it's castability and strength for wiper fishing. fireline is no stretch and that's a big plus when fishing for wipers. these guys set the hook themselves.

17. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    i'll add my .01 cent too!

i've used the cajun red and suffix both,

i think they are both strong, a slight edge to the suffix for less memory and smaller diameter.

i like big game also, very strong line, a little stiff but works good. if you can get the bright day glo green, it is truly hi-vis.

ande line has worked well for me also, i put it 3rd,4th down the list though.

vaughn

18. Lawdawg

Lawdawg New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I use stren high impact. However I also think that as long as you keep new line on your reels and use reputable companies the lines are about the same until you get to 40# test and higher. Then line memory comes into play. I fish around alot of structure so abraision resistance is most important to me. Just my opinion.

19. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i have all those lines, i dont like cajun line at all , i have three rolls of 40# test that i wont ever use. i have a roll of power pro yellow 1 nick in it and it turns into 5 pound test. the only line i use now is ande premium 40# ENVY GREEN HAS VERY LOW MEMORY MAKES VERY STRONG KNOTTS EASY TO SEE & WONT BREAK THE BANK ACCOUNT. JMO

20. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    mariofish i use stren clr blue