Which landing net do you like best?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by neocats, Jan 20, 2007.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Out of all the landing nets that are made suitable for catfishing, which brand do you like the best?

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    I don't know nothin' about the brands of nets, but I consecutively bank fish (boat is junk :confused2:). Now, I don't own one, but have seen what I'm wanting in a pic once. Of course it's pretty big (don't know exact demensions) and it's in the shape of a rectangle. For scooping along the bottom of the bank to get them in easier I suppose. But, if you're in a boat then a normal circle or oval shaped one would probably work the best. Sorry, if this doesn't really answer your question.

-Red

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I like the ones that won't crack under pressure, LOL!!!

4. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    FRABILL. Catfish Connection & Cabelas. Don't lift the fish by the handle. Scoop him up and lift by the hoop.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I have been wanting to try one of those Rubber Nets they have now.
    Put in request for XMas but that didn't work:roll_eyes: .Guess I'll just have to buy my own. Darn it anyway.

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The rubber nets are a lot heavier, and don't move through the water as easy as the nylon nets. In the smaller sizes the rubber ones are OK, the big plus is hooks don't tangle as bad.

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    I have a Balzer euro-carp net that is great, has a large 42" hoop and a 8' retractable handle. Only bad thing is, it's not imported anymore.
    Will

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i have a smaller rubber net for bluegill and crappie and i guess it could work for the smaller channels that i havnt used that much but the times i have it works great. it keeps the fins from getting tangled not just hooks.

9. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    i like frabil too.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like a net called The Beast. It has a 4' handle. The bow size is 37x38 and 36" deep. It has done a good job so far. I wish it had a longer handle.

11. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Mickey,
    Who makes "the Beast"?

12. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I HAVE A BIG NYLON NET BUT MY HOOKS, SINKERS, AND LEADERS KEPT GETTING TANGLED UP. SO I GOT A SMALL RUBBER ONE THAT I USE NOW AND IT WORKS PRETTY GOOD.

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I truly wish I did,but I just thought I'd mention,every year I get a Cabela's Master Spring Catalog followed by a Master fishing. I was thumbing through it the other day and they have a castnet that they advertize as being extremely simple to use. If anyone wants to know anymore about them cause I just glanced at em give me a PM and I'll look it up for ya and give ya some details.:big_smile:

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I favor my left hand but my right hand works just as well.

Rednecks dont use nets. Pawing them is part of catching.:lol:

15. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Loki Nets makes the BEAST. I believe it is the best net and will land giant cats with ease. If you are trophy fishing for catch and release it is the one. The netting is specially coated and is easier on cats. PM me if you want specifics. Hope this helps. I don't think there is a larger net. This was specifically designed for XL catfish.

Rodger

16. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    You want to see a big net try the BIG KAHUNNA by FRABILL.Problem is it is so big and the net is treated and deep so when you try and bring in the big one it takes two people to lift it over the side.I have tried them all and FRABILL beats any others for size and sturdy construction.Plus they have handles up to 8 ft long and the net and handle are collapsable.Go to their website and check them out but I have never seen a better ,stronger construction on any net by anybody.:eek:oooh: :wink: :tounge_out: :big_smile:

17. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I use Ranger nets... no names to the size nets but i use one thats got a collapsable handle from 4ft to 6ft long and then one thats 6ft+ - 12ft for fishing along the high walls and off of thr bridges and piers that i fish. the net is probably 24x28 (both) maybe smaller, but it fits most of the fish i catch pretty well.

What I'd like though is one made by Stowmaster... its a huge net probably 36 inches wide or more and around 40 tall (just the opening) and compacts down relatively small for the net to hide away... but its around 100 for the net i think so i'm not getting one for a little while.

18. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Agreed until this past year and I have the rough spots on my knuckles still. Just bought a cheap green nylon one at Gander Mtn for grins and to handle the monsters near rocks this coming Spring.

19. dataman

dataman New Member

State:
    texas
    Ranger 987 Big Game Net 40" X 37" Sliding 48" handle