Which lake should we go to?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishin_Brud, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    My dad wants to take me out fishin for catfish. Saguaro SUCKS (we have only ever caught 1 tiny catfish there out of the 20+ times we have went)
    Should we go to apache, bartlett or San carlos? Apache is closest to us so that is prolly the best option but which lake should we go to for some numbers and decent size (above 1 lb) And where on the lake should we go? Is it possible to catch catfish in the day or should we try to go EARLY morning. Also, Should we catch and use live bluegills or try shrimp?

2. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    BTW, Prolly shore fishin if possible

3. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
  4. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    HAd a great time at canyon last night,some eatin size channels an 8 and a 12 pounder! Was in a boat but fishing areas accessible by shore!:cool2:

5. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Hmm.. Maybe. But I haven't heard much about canyon lately other than bass. Thats the problem, I know of so many bass holes but not a single good place to fish for cats.. Any more ideas anyone?

6. jasonhumble7

jasonhumble7 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    if your only going for channel cats then either kind of bait will work, gill or shrimp.

7. Fishin_Brud

Fishin_Brud New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im going for either so Ill prolly use shrimp to start out, then move to bluegills once I can catch some

8. mertanu

mertanu New Member

State:
    arizona
    i just move here so that the one iwent and caught 8 and i know for shore horseshoe right below the damn is a hole with some nice flatheads