Which Lake or River in Bama

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by MSgtCatfish, Jun 13, 2008.

1. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If you could take a week off and do nothing but fish for trophy cats of any flavor which lake or river would you be fishing on?

I personally would head to Pickwick/Wilson/Wheeler lakes and chase down a big ol' blue. Something about those chain of lakes gets me excited everytime I plan to go there. There are some monsters in there and I wish I could take a week off and do nothing but chase down some trophies. Matter of fact, I may just do that this fall/winter.

So, where would you go?

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    There are some monster flatheads in the Alabama...just gotta find em.... :wink:

3. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Mike,

Where abouts do you go on the Bama? I've been all over it except the mid section. I've fished it from Montgomery, where the Coosa ends, 10 miles south and at the end of it 10 miles up. I bet there is a state record around the Coosa, Bama, and Tallapoosa rivers - right around where they meet up and/or a little south of there.

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    even though i spend almost all year fishing the delta, the bay, and the lower alabama rivers, i would head up towards mamma's house in huntsville and fish the tenn. again. man they grow em big up there.

alright top, is that "you aint arty, you aint $$$$"?

sounds like somethin a string puller would say. just curious.

5. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If You Ain't Ammo You Ain't S*** ... it's an old proud heritage saying/slogan in my career field in the military. Ammo is my career field. Other branches say Ordnance instead of Ammo. Bombs, missiles, bullets, c-4, grenades, you name it we, build, inspect, maintain, account for it all.

If you see me running haul a$$

6. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have seen them there big old yellows come out of the Mobile and the lower Alabama. 69lb last year out of the Mobile and lots of 40 and 50's

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I can't wait to fish down there in the south again. I will be in GA in the spring.

by the way "RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"