Which fishing line is better

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by fisherdude14, Jul 24, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Cheep line is like cheep women. Ya are gonna get what ya pay for. Don't go to a gun fight with a knife. LOL!

2. fisherdude14

fisherdude14 New Member

State:
    illinois
    lol,ya,i dont mean like cheap cheap,like between 20 and 10 dollars worth,maybe alittle more also,

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Big Game in Solar will serve you well...W

4. littlebigman

littlebigman New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i like cajun red line it is strong and the fish cant see it

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Both the big cat and big game in solar green are very good line.
    Ande also makes a envy green line that works very well. I have used the big cat 40# on all my reels for a long time. I used my last spool of big cat and have been slowly replaceing them with the ande envy green as there needed. It dosnt seem to have as much stretch and comes in 350 yard spools where the big cat was 220 yards. I could only get 1 reel with the big cat and can get 2 with the ande.
    Either way I think you will be happy with what ever one you decide on.
    Good luck out there....

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You are right on picking Berkley Big Game to ask your question about. Chose your line size according to the size of fish you are targeting, and your reel capacity. As for color, depends on night fishing or day. I use solar because I don't see as good as I use to. It also works good at night under a black light.Either will do the job for you.:big_smile:

7. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i really like cajun red for day fishing, but at night i like to use a high vis line, just to make it easier to see.

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Power Pro is what I roll with.:0a23:

9. GUNTZ

GUNTZ New Member

State:
    CLEBURNE texas
    Cajun red has done very well for me (it is strong):wink:

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I tried half a dozen this year, and like Cajun Red & Berkley Big Game best.

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Hi fellas I'm new ,but the line i use Ande tour. green 20lb test it has great knot stength I use it in lakes and rivers. been using it since 1990 on all my equip. 2lb to 20lb in all diferent colors.:0a23: GOOD FISHIN YA'LL

12. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would have to say {DITTO }all the way friend.Big Game/Big Cat is good line.

13. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    berkley is good line. i like the solar line as well. you can see it very well and catfish could care less if they see it or not. stay away from the red cajun stuff. it has very little abrasion resistence( the most important aspect in a good cat line as far as i am concerned) and a ton of memory. if you want a real good mono line that is better than the berkley lines and less expensive, check out some "tightline". bass pro sells it in the saltwater section. i have been using it for years and it is by far the best i have tried.

14. riverfishinfool

riverfishinfool New Member

State:
    ohio
    I like Yo-Zuri.. It casts great and is very frey resistant.

15. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I've reels spooled with Cajun Red, Big Game, and Suffix Elite. I like the Suffix the best, tough line and abrasion resistant. The Cajun Red surprised me. I was prepared not to like it. After 6 months or so, I've found it strong and abrasion resistant, it casts well, and I've had fewer problems with memory than with Big Game. Its cheaper too, by about a buck over Big Game. But, I like Big Game too. My only gripe about Cajun Red is its not easy to see at night, but I watch my rods, not my line at night Besides, if a fish over 3 or 4 lbs hits the line, I usually know, it pulls on my canoe or kayak some. My decision on which line to use is Cajun Red for 20 lb test and under, Suffix for lines over 20 lb.

16. pappy3

pappy3 New Member

State:
    texas
    I like power pro red. I am going to respool from green to red 100lb on big reels and 50 on bass bait casters! The only draw back is you must use the palamor knot or the uni knot, but other than that I like it! also i AM GOING TO START USING A MONO LEADER FOR SHOCK there just is no stretch in power pro , what ever lb test on the main line I double it for the leader! Makes it durable plus gives a little . :wink: pappy3

17. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Spider wire hands down!!!!

18. GoNeKaTtIn

GoNeKaTtIn New Member

State:
    IN
    Do you have to use a backing on your reel before you spool up with power pro?

19. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    For mono I have gone to the BPS Offshore Angler Tightline in the solar green color. Bad to the bone and priced right. Since spooling my Tekota with it I have several 20 pound plus fish on it including a nice 39 pounder and I fish in the rocks a lot. Can't beat it!

Cheez