which fish finder/gps should i get

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by SGTREDNECK, May 24, 2009.

1. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    LOWRANCE HDS-5 83/200 KHZ GPS WITH LAKE INSIGHT 720 dollars. IS this the fishfinder to get, or should i got with a cheaper one. A buddy of mine told me this model had satellite radio on it as well. And i was reading a few reviews from a BOC member, and he said he could hold bottom at 50 mph. I am new to the fish finder/ gps game but i think it will up my odds of cathing fish. Well just tell me what you think and what you are using and what is good about them as well. I am not partial to lowrance just know they make quality things. Thanks SGT Shorey

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ok so i may not be the smartest guy when it comes to these new fish finders. Somebody want to tell me what this all means?
    83/200 KHZ FISHFINDER / GPS CHARTPLOTTER WITH LAKE INSIGHT

50/200 KHZ FISHFINDER / GPS CHARTPLOTTER WITH NAUTIC INSIGHT

what is the difference between lake insight and nautic insight? Nautic insight is 50 dollars more at bass pro. over all price of 799 without deducting the rebate. Catch a monster for me and take a pic, and put em back for someone esle. Thanks

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    A fish finder MAY allow you to catch more fish, it may allow you to catch the same number/quality of fish, and it POSSIBLY will cause you to catch fewer fish. It is a piece of equipment and your results, as always, will know how much you know your equipment, how much you learn about your equipment, and if there is someone knowledgeable in your area who knows how to use it and would not mind teaching you. Just because it has the bigger bucks don't mean it is the right item for you. Most people only use their finder to "find" the bottom, after that it is just luck. lOL

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    My only regret with getting the HDS 5 is not getting the HDS 7 but that is a minor complaint cause the HDS 5 Lake Insight model is awesome. Im extremely happy with it and have no complaints. The lake insight model is spot on for Lake Lanier which is my stomping grounds. Humps are where they are supposed to be and same with the river channels and reef markers.